1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR-WRE frames the same?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sabortooth, Mar 24, 2013.

1. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Looking at a wre oil tank to fit in wr for aux fuel tank. Under seat and out of the way.
  2. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Has this been done?
  3. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've never seen that, but there is a new version of the Acerbis handlebar tank IIRC, .6 liters? How much do you want to carry?
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Maybe a half gallon.
    It would be in a better location than handlebar or rear fender to me.
  5. paddy.t Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR200
    I can measure my WRE later if i get chance and let you know.
  6. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Thanks.
    Whats the quanity of that tank? Earlier I said I wanted a 1/2 gl. but really only need about a quart.
  7. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    My Wre 2t tank only takes about a 1 ltr of 2t oil hth
  8. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Thanks,
    I think the air filter is bigger in the wr, for there is not much room. It would be nice to have an aux tank, I ran out this weekend and walked thru the woods three miles back home. The 167 is a gasoholic.
  9. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Not good! My WRE will do 250-275 km's to a tank pretty much wringing its neck all the time.
    What about trying to fit a 300 tank to yours? or even an endurance tank if they do one for the 125's?
  10. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    not really relevant to the post but cooper, do you mean you get 250 km's on ONE tank of fuel? Because that's 155 miles! my wre only did 78 miles riding it hard on one tank, about 10 litres, and that was with the old standard pipe and jets! Your bike runs on air :D
  11. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    It was my fault. I looked in the tank and said that will be plenty, and it wasnt.
    But I put close to fourty miles on last week and used three gallons.
  12. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Yes fella on one tank, mines a 2000 year model and i run it on v power only with putoline mx5 2t oil, a 2cracing.com expansion pipe and a dep silencer(if you can call it that!) i also have a 2007 wr 125 head,barrel and piston on it with a 13t front and a 51t rear sprocket
  13. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    does yours have a working powervalve? I'm amazed at that economy. Mine's been fixed up, taken 8 weeks, the stator plate jammed the bottom half of the engine, then I got it back, then I put a dep full system on it, and the oil pump went at 50 mph up a hill, locked back wheel up, threw me sideways but I clung on, sent to garage, they out a new pump on and rejetted for the pipe, got it back, rode for about 4 hours to run it in, the engine started SHAKING in the frame, like really a lot of vibration, I noticed something by my gear lever coming out, like a pole, so I pushed it back in, got it home, realised it was a sheered bolt that holds the engine in the frame, replaced that, rode it to the garage, then at 60 mph when it felt like it was run in it went BANG and HISS, didn't lock up but died on the dual carrigeway, pushed it to the garage who was luckily half a mile further, they've replaced the piston [again] jetted it up even more, told me the head had a hole in it and it had lost all it's coolant, then the hiss was the last leg as it overheated and shot it's last drop of coolant through the hole and onto my arm. Then they put it back together, rode it, found the head hole, managed to weld it, still leaked, so they found a used head, now it's all back together and running well. But it failed it's mot on the front tyre and numberplate being unreadable so they're putting on a half road half trail tyre and should be back with me any day now. I used any fully synthetic oil I can get, normally castrol. Do you know how many miles yours has done? Mines around 12000 apparently, stolen recovered before I got it from a dealer. Apologies for the lack of relevance to fuel economy here btw!
    sabortooth likes this.
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    167 should not be too thirsty, check your jetting an maybe lean it up a bit.
  15. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    that's real harsh gaz! glad to hear Iit's sorted now. mines done 25000 k's. I've done two top end rebuilds and replaced the top end completely before mine was running right. Yes the power valves do work...... very well :-)
  16. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    You are right, it could be leaned out a little.
    I'm still green on this beast.