1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR125 new frame opinions ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by topari, Jul 27, 2009.

1. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looking at the 2010 WR125, I wonder if the new frame is really an advantage. The motivation behind the offset rear shock was to allow the adaptation of fuel injection for the four strokes without having to modify the engines. I guess if on the WR125 the carburettor and air filter duct is straight then there maybe an advantage ?

Is anyone able to give an impression how the wr125 handles compared to the other 125s ?
  2. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 09 WR-125 handles great the new frame is going to be A big advantage:thumbsup:
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Is that "the" Drew Smith??? Big Welcome!!! We hope to hear lots of tech/ride report info from you, your riding/ racing resume' speaks for itself. Glad you are in the Cafe with us. Enjoy the ride, R
  4. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Robertaccio
    Thanks and happy to see you are A BRC guy Attaboy!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have had piles of huskys. I love the 08 and up frame over all the older ones. the 08 TXC450 was my first. I owned (2) 04 CR125 huskys. when i saw the 09 had the new frame I jumped on the WR125. It is an excellent platform and IMHO a good step up from previous frames IMHO.
  6. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the replies. It will be interesting to see if Husky straightens the carburetor and air box inlet track to take advantage of the new frame. :)