1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR125 newbie help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ks9mm, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    HI all,

I currently ride 09 TE510 but looking at something lighter and easier to ride on singletrack.

There is 09 WR125 with 144cc Eric Gorr engine for sale in my area, and seller claims it's street legal. Bike under $3k and I am really thinking about it. I mean last time i rode 2 smoker was 15 years ago.. so I have few questions..

1. is this a good deal? bike has 15 hours on it.
    2. what to watch out for when purchasing 2 stoke bike?
    3. will my Sumo set up from TE 510 fit on WR 125???? :)

any general suggestions or comments are welcome!

thanks!!!
  2. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

Hi, We sold a set of husky OEM supermoto wheels like you have to a guy to run on his 2009 WR 125 and he was using them the next day.
    The eric gorr 144 kits sometimes require some power valve grinding that if it isn't done will wear out the top end early. The performance also suffers. That being said there is lots of info on here about walts power valve repair which he started after his eric gorr 144 kit ate his first piston. Contact walt and find out what is involved, it is super easy to work on the husky 125. The price will depend on condition of course. Good luck, Motosportz Mike.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I suppose if it has a plate on it in your state you can get a plate for it. Street legal really needs a definition. Are you going to be running directional signals horn mirror hi beam indicator, dot approved muffler and tires? I doubt any lights will work without the engine running. Depending on who pulls you over the outcome may be different, just so long as it is registered and insured probably will suffice most of the time if you weren't doing something silly. The certificate of origion I would bet has off highway use only on it but it is often not seen at motor vehicles. It can vary by state what is allowed. I also think the manual, I have manuals for earlier years, tells you not to operate it at steady speeds. Basically has a paragraph that essentially says this is not a street bike it is for racing on the throtle and off the throttle. As for the wheels I have read on here the offset of the chain is different two cycle vs four cycle but perhaps Mike above knows otherwise or some of the day before riding was playing around with a sprocket hanger.
  4. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

09 WR125 has the same sprocket offset as the 4 strokes. I know a few guys who have ran TC wheels on WR/CR125 2009. That used to be the case but changed in 04/05 ish??
  5. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    i was too slow on the trigger... that bike was sold :(
  6. Tonymorr Husqvarna
    AA Class

I saw that bike and I was too slow as well :-( It looked fairly clean in the pics. That was a good deal.
  7. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

125s that have been rode on the street are a bad idea. yes fun around town BUT the cranks will NOT last long at all if rode for very long down the street, id never buy one that was street legal myself.