1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr125 took on water

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gestion01, Oct 4, 2009.

1. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Made a pretty stupid mistake saturday riding the Corduroy...i should know better than crossing a puddle full speed in the middle :banghead:

Fliped the bike upside down...bla..bla..bla new plug...bla,bla,bla
    42 minutes later it starts! :applause:

Then raced the rest of the day with no engine problems. Runs ok.

Now what? should I tear it down? Change the top end? Leave it as is? It's an 09' with about 25-30hrs.
  2. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

change the oil immediatly!!! I wouldnt let it sit overnight,sometimes riding it after helps as you did and keeps the oil from seperating,but you need to flush it out a few times until it stops coming out milky ASAP,I wouldnt tear it down unless you are sure a lot of gritty sand got in there as well,you should pull off your carb/airbox and see if there is any dirt inside the reed area as well and clean them also
  3. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

So far, no sand seems to have past the filter. Air box and carb bowl are clean. I did drain the carb in the trail though and found no dirt in the drain plug. I still need to check the reed side. Trans oil will have to wait until this afternoon, but through the sight glass it does not look milky. How can the water get in the trans through the engine?
  4. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

There is a hose that vents the tranny. If you sink the bike in deep water, the water can travel up the hose filling up the trans, mixing with the oil.

It isn't near as troublesome on a 2t taking on water, as it is on a 4t. When you drain the trans oil, you'll know instantly if it had any water in it or not. If it does, it'll look sort of like a runny, melted fast-food chocolate shake slurry. If it's yucky, just change it, run the bike a little bit, then change it again. Keep doing it until it's clean.

What caused it to die? Did you sink it deep, stall it, and (lots of) water ran thru the filter into the combustion chamber? What happened exactly?

Was it like this?
    [IMG]
  5. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Not exactly, I crashed in a ''pool'' of standing water. Engine sucked in water from the air filter for a few brief seconds when the bike was on its side. If i'd hit the kill switch in time probably nothing would of got in.

I then flipped the bike, pulled the spark plug and pumped out the water. Which looked pretty clean. I had to do it twice. Once started I raced at least another 3hrs.

I doubt any water got in the transmission. But I always change it after every race anyways. From what I could see in the oil sight glass, color is normal. Not cream looking.

We did cross a place that looked almost as deep as in your picture, after my stall...so I was very carfull to say the least doing it:bonk:
  6. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

I also rode the cord and had the same problem on my '08 cr125...I'm thinking that the drain in the air box is not as high up as it is on most bikes...spent the better part of 30 minutes trail side,I believe the trick was just to simply drain the fuel bowl.
  7. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been there so many times that the guys at Hall's called me Sinkerman for a while.(last name Toberman):lol:

Drain the oil, take the motor out, take the top end off, and flush with WD-40. Never had any problems this way as long as no grit got in there but you should be able to feel it in your rod when you spin it around if you did.
  8. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Took the carb out tonight, no grit anywhere in air boot or reed intake. What passed through was clean for sure. No water in oil.

I will wait for winter to set in, then I may just put a 144 kit in it anyways. Fresh start for next spring...

Scrambler on what minute where you? I drowned in the first enduro test. I also saw a 4T ktm that took water. Needed to be towed back.
  9. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

The water likely had nothing to do with it... :lol::excuseme:
  10. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would consider a 7602 carb filter. It is a neat little addition to your carb vent lines that works real well in deep water b/c you can route the essential vent lines up into your airbox. Plus he has other cool parts for Huskys. Contact colo moto on this site he can hook you up.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    clean it out, ride it. :thumbsup:
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds as though you got lucky. The key is to get them running quick. The heat from the motor will boil any water out of it.