1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR125 XC125 using for "trail or enduro"

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Neesmo31, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did have - XC125, KDX200, XR250
    Just a quick question, how many people on here do long trail rides, or tough enduro style riding on their 125? Any issues ie overheating etc? I know that the 144 or 165 brings out some good torque gains but how many people put the 125 through the paces in non motorcross riding??

I have been dieing to take the 125 out and do that sort of riding. Sooooooo light...
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not sure what you may call long but when my 08 CR 125 was stock it was used lots of times for trail riding on a 8.5 mile loop through the woods multiple laps at a time. Sometimes following the grand kids, sometimes with just me, never overheating. The same loop used to have my 07 Honda 450R steaming especially when following the grandkids. The little 125 Huskys are built to take it and the light weight is why I still have it as a WB165 today. In stock 125 trim it's still tons of fun and have no trouble pulling a 200 lb rider through the woods. I picked mine up new in 09 as "just a play" bike for $2,999.00 OTD and it's still my favorite bike of all time and at 53 it's been a few.
  3. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I have been beating on my 07 wr125 for three seasons in the mountains here in Idaho without issue.the trails here are technical single tracks in steep ugly stuff.I will be doing a WB165 when my top end wears out but the stock one keeps going.
  4. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Back when mine was in 125 form, It was not uncommon for me to put in 40-60 miles a day on gnarly trails... NEVER any overheating issues, in fact, barely ever have to add coolant (maybe every 20hrs of ride time it takes 1/2 cup) One of the best trail bikes out there IMO.

john01 and jmetteer like this.
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    My longest day is 115 miles, I have done that a couple times the later in the day you get the better the bike is.

Here is a sample...

Boil over? I have never seen mine get over 180° on my temp logs from my trailtech GPS. This engine is over cooled if anything.

Here is the data from somewhere in that video...

[IMG]

Later,
    Blakelpd5 and john01 like this.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow I guess that answers the boil over question. Great info Jake.
  7. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I try to get every Sunday on the bike to ride 6+ hours few longer trips in the year like 2 night stay over (preferably in a guesthouse or a farm (but jungle happens sometimes))

I live in the tropics and the temperature can rise above 45 degrees Celsius in the hot season and will never drop down the 20 degrees in the cold season (even not in the night)

the limitations I face on a ride are fueling points (no such a thing in jungle country) ability of carrying fluids to prevent myself from overheating.
    my stamina is also a limiting factor after a few hours in this climate

on a Sunday morning i can loose easily a 5 kg of weight to have it regained the next day (still drinking a 3 to 4 liters on the ride it self and coconuts that we buy at the road)

coconuts are the great trick of not getting cramps (leave the coca cola alone as it will hurt you badly)

the bike is no issue at all in these conditions (need to jet it properly and able to adjust during the ride when humidity can change dramatically so your jetting is off)

Robert-Jan
  8. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    I have a WR144 and put about 150 hrs on it in a year of trail riding and a lot of racing (provincial hare scrambles/enduro). Definitely been put through the paces for non MX riding/racing and it has stood up really well. It has boiled over once on me in that time, and that was doing a 100km quite technical enduro race (CEC's) in 35 degrees celcius temps this summer,. Other than that, hardly ever needs coolant topped up. My previous bike was a ktm 250F and constant problems with overheating practically every ride.