1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR144 question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 99WR250, Apr 22, 2013.

1. 99WR250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TW200
    When upgrading from a 125 to a 144 one would have to re-jet right?

The dealer is putting the 144 kit in for me... Just want to make sure they are doing it right?

I should expect the get the piston and rings and jet from the 125 when picking up my 144 from the dealer right. I would think I would be able to keep the 125 parts in case I want to switch back...

Can anyone provide me with a list of parts I should make sure I'm getting back from the dealer?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No rejetting necessary although it might like just very slightly leaner.
  3. Tentontimmy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GSX-R1000

Make sure you get:

- 125 cylinder
    - 125 head
    - 125 piston
    - 125 ring
    - 125 power valves

Keep em all, you can always send the cylinder, head and power valves off to Walt for a 165 kit :-)
  4. Deveos Husqvarna
    C Class

This 165 kit everyone keeps speaking of, is it a must do when buying a brand new 2013 wr
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    No the WR 125 is a great bike and some love the top end that a 125 gives you. For hills etc more torque is of benefit though . . Especially if you dont want to ride at 9 or 10 tenths . There used to be a factory 144 kit - I am not sure whether that is still available but it can still be improved ( power valve and port timing) the 165 very good value and is finely tuned to perfection - am I right guys?
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 165 is a nice option to have available. It makes far more bottom/mid than either the 125 or 144 and still rips well on top. It really depends on what you want and how you ride. The 125 runs very well and for many it and the 144(very similar powerband with just more) is all they want. I think for most riders that get a chance to ride all three back to back they will gravitate to the 165 but certainly not all. They are all a blast to ride so enjoy.
  7. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    It depends what you are looking for in a ride

the 165 is for sure torquier and a bit more forgiving giving the situation you put it in

where you need to down shift with a 125 (a sandy bog or just a small steeper stretch of the trail) the 165 is just open up the throttle a bit more.

I can not say you are able to drive faster then on a 125 but for sure its a tat easier to drive as fast you can.

and that makes again the point for a 125 driving fast in a 125 trim is an achievement that you can be proud of as it requires much more skill than just throwing more power to it

but then again power is addictive;)

both ways will give you a grin on your face an that's what matters Up to you what you take

Robert-Jan