1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 2006 mysterious oil leak

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by R. Stephen, Oct 28, 2012.

1. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a 2006 WR250 I recently purchased and have a mysterious oil leak that only seams to happen on the MX track not riding easy on the road or in a field. Really high up on the motor almost appears to be coming form the boot where the Carb attaches if that is even possible. Oil level was set before every ride and it definably not fuel. Makes no sense to me how it is that high on the engine. Any ideas?[IMG]
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You are missing the plastic elbow on the case vent. When you spin it up to high speeds it will blow oil out the hole. It goes in the boss that's sticking up just under the bottom center reed bolt in this picture.
    john01 likes this.
  3. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

WOW! that makes sense. Would have never know bike came like that. I see in the fiche now. Where do you usually run the tube too? ThanX a ton, saved me some major headaches. Can't believe it was just missing.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    The tube runs down the back of the engine along with the vent tubes from the carburetor.
  5. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

perfect thank you guy very much!!!
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I put a longer hose on and ran it up to the top of the airbox to keep the water out. I was getting milky oil after being in deep water.
  7. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yeah I ran it up over the shock to prevent that and I'm going to change the oil again to make sure its good since I just washed the bike.