1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wr250 clutch springs

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kiethy, Jul 16, 2010.

1. kiethy Husqvarna
    B Class

Anyone tried removing two of the six clutch springs like on the four stroke. It seems huskies have a stiff pull/drag issues that might be alleviated a bit with this mod?
  2. WhizzBang24 Husqvarna
    B Class

It makes a big difference but I don't know if it's meant to run this way. I haven't ridden the bike with this mod but just pulling you can feel the hydraulic presence. Community?????
  3. franhoser Husqvarna
    A Class

seems intresting idea. have you done it kiety? I assume you take two oppsoing springs out?
  4. kiethy Husqvarna
    B Class

Yeah I did it but in the process discovered the PO lost the ball bearing and had put on a shorter cable to compensate, which made the leverage rediculous. New ball bearing, cable and easy pull lever and it's pretty good now.
  5. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

I did on my 10 WR300.
    Took off the dyna ring, and decided to leave the clutch with 4 springs. Lever pull is nicer and easier, even with the original crappy lever. Will try a new WC elite soon.
    Anyway, no drag and from one relatively technical riding theres no sign for slipping.
  6. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm very intrigued by this seemingly obvious mod. !! ..... While fiddling around in the garage this evening doing some prep work on the wr250 for this weekend I decided to take two opposing springs out to see how it effected the clutch pull...... NICE !!.... With a MSR (Works conn. clone) lever and well lubed stock cable the pull is now lighter than the juice clutch on my KTM 200 Mr. "bigcahunak" ... are you still running your 300 this way ?.... Any long term issues with clutch slippage ?? Has anyone else done this ??
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Sounds interesting but, what are the long term effects on the clutch plates???:popcorn:
  8. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Over a year old thread... nice.
    Sold the WR a few months later, but, the guy who bought it from me still runs it like that. He was somewhat suspicious about it, as he is a big tall guy (Scott Summers replica..) and rides mostly technical stuff with lots of clutch use. He tried putting all the springs in, but took them out after one ride. Over a year now and still no issues.
  9. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

Good stuff.... Thanks for the reply ! ... I guess I'll try it !