1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 Colorado Jetting

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Clayfan, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

I may have an invite to ride the Colorado 500 this August. Being from the east, are there some Husky riders on the forum that can point me in the coreect jetting I should take out west?
    Bike is a 2008 WR250. I am still running the Mikuni.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ride an 08 WR250 here in CO and the jetting I use is pretty good from 7000' to 12000'. I'll have to look at home after work today and post back with what the jetting is, I can't remember. I also still use the Mikuni with a Powernow. I'll let you know. Brad.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello bradass! Please give me some info on the Powernow!

Johnny.
  4. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Johnny - When I first started researching the WR prior to buying one I contacted Wallybean because he was the only person I could find at the time riding a WR at close to the elevations I ride at. I had a Powernow, FWW, and 12 tooth countersprocket waiting on the work bench beofre my WR even showed up. According to Wally the Powernow makes the Mikuni easier to jet, so the Powernow was installed before I even rode the bike. I can't comment on how the Powernow affects the bike compared to stock, but what I do know is that I put jetting in the bike, per Wally, and haven't touched it since. Between the Powernow and the jetting I'm using the bike runs great from 5000' to 12000'. I'm not a great rider and this is my first 2stk, so I may be missing out on some power by not re-jetting for that wide of a range of alltitude, but it's pretty darn good. I definitly reccomend trying one. They're not cheap, approx. $100 US, but worth it IMO. Brad.
  5. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's the jetting I've been running for 2 years, it's definitly a little rich, but that's better than the opposite, and it's got no bog at all anywhere.

Pilot -20
    Needle - Middle Slot
    Main - 380
    Air Screw - 1.5 turns out

Let me know if you have any other questions. Brad.
  6. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks, its about what I figured.

I have that brass in stock in the tool box now so no real big changes.

Thanks again