1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wr250 Engine Vibration

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motox415, Sep 14, 2008.

1. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

I went out for a ride today and ended up coming back early. The engine started vibrating . It did not matter if the clutch was engaged or not. I got the bike home and checked the flywheel. It was tight. I dropped the oil and nothing unusual. I also pulled the clutch cover off and found some side to side movement on the clutch basket. I am not sure if this is normal. Does anyone have any advise as what it could be. The bike has about 25 hours on it.

Dave
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am just wondering if it is the same thing though as that post. The TT post was about a four stroke and MotoX has a two stroke. Did you check your reed cage yet? You might want to pull that out and make sure they are all there.
  4. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

The engine still has lots of power and starts with no problems. The engine runs normal except for the heavy vibration. I am going to pull the clutch basket off tonight and see if I can find anything.
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check the motor mounts. The lower ones would come loose every few rides on me and it would start to vibrate. Make sure all the exhaust mounts are tight too while you are at it.
  6. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

It ended up being the engine mounts. Thanks for the help.
  7. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

Red loc tight ! Gota run that on my 500 or it comes loose quick