1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 FMF Gnarly ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm thinking about adding a FMF Gnarly to my '08 WR250. Any first hand experience on the performance changes? My bike has quite a bit of torque and it pulls hard and all the way to the top. For some reason my bike doesn't have the 'power sign off' in the mid to top end like a lot of guys complain about with the later 250's & 300's. So, what should I expect for $225?
  2. huskybubba Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr250
    I have 07 wr 250 Love the gnarly with turbinecore 2. It was good with stock silencer, but better paired up.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I also have a 2008 WR250 with a Gnarly and Power Core II. I never road the bike with a stock exhaust. I would basically describe my motor the same way you describe yours. Pulls fairly strong from idle and has a screaming almost 125 like top. This is with the stock Mikuni carb. The only other mod to engine is to have the head shaved for more compression. As you probably already know, the Gnarly is much harder to dent than a stocker.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    if its similar to the platinum2 then a bit heavier but much stronger & looks sexy
  5. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    +1 but I have a turbinecore on the back.
  6. nonamerider Husqvarna
    AA Class

13/50 gearing gnarly pipe great for offroad. if you want more bottom end run stock silencer from older cr models. need more do pv adj. 50.5mm
    kx3089 likes this.