1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 header pipe

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by arp, Apr 23, 2012.

1. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    I need a new header pipe for my '07 WR250 and I'm wondering if I can/should keep my existing tail pipe. I just had it apart and cleaned (bead blasted) and repacked it. I'm not really concerned with top performance as I ride for fun but I do want the bike to run well. I lug the engine and like more bottom and mid-range power. Not so much riding high on the pipe anymore. Too costly on the body and bike when I come off. I'm assuming I need to get an aftermarket header pipe since the stockers are worth mucho dinero. (read lots of $$)
    Also, what brand of header pipe should I be looking at?
  2. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    If you want to keep the stock silencer, I think you have to use the fmf, or another stock. Pro Circuit has to be used in conjunction with a Pro cirucuit silencer.
    You may be able to also use a dep or scalvini, but I think those are also mucho dinero
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    DEP will work with the stock tail pipe. Hugh top end from the DEP. Pulls out on top from days.
  4. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Motorhead, does the DEP take any bottom/mid from the power? and would it work with the leo vince silencer? A recent run in with a creek bed has made my fmf and radiator meet and left me looking for something else in the exhaust department.:cry:
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It's not as strong off the bottom as the FMF, but mid on up it's stronger. I would think it should with the Leo just fine. I had one, but never ran it with the DEP.
  6. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

I noticed that Husky has a 'race' pipe in their catalogue now, maybe you can try that and let us know what it's like?

Motorhead, I tried my stock pipe with the LV, race head and PWK the other weekend and found it more top-endy than my FMF, but I didn't like the losses in the low-mid range. How do you think the DEP fits into the picture?
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Aren't you running a 300?
  8. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, but I'm thinking the different pipes would vary in similar ways to each other.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I was thinking I wish I'd had tried the DEP while mine was still a 300. I think it would be a good 300 pipe. The 300 has tons of bottom anyway and this would make the top end killer.

I should have went into the cylinder, fixed the boost port and tried this pipe.
  10. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    Thanks for the info guys! I think I'm going with the FMF Gnarly and keep my OEM silencer.

One more thing. Am I going to need to re-jet just by adding the Gnarly?
  11. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    All the FMF pipes I have used have made my bikes run richer. I'm not sure if that would be the case if you are keeping the stock silencer though. I have the power core 2 on mine.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I had to re-jet mine after the switch to the gnarly pipe. I ended up with a 430 main a 27.5 pilot and a GAY needle in the 4th notch (2nd from richest) 1 1/4 turn on the air screw. These settings were richer on the main but leaner on the needle and pilot from the stock pipe. The Gnarly helped the top end a lot and made the mid smooth but still pulled as hard as the stock pipe ever did. It was a big improvement and I'm glad I did it but only did because I smashed the stock pipe.