1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 motard

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john french, Nov 19, 2011.

1. john french Husqvarna

Thinking about turning my 2008 wr250 into a road legal motard but cant work out the wheels.any one got any tips ? cheers
  2. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

where would you get it plated ?? east coast ?? sounds like fun thou
  3. SMKN-1 Husqvarna

i have street tires on my wr 250 what is your question
  4. john french Husqvarna

I am in new zealand all husky and ktm enduro bikes can be road register
  5. john french Husqvarna

I would like the the wide motard look
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

KTMm, Honda, Yamaha rims is easy to get to fit. You just need to get the right spacers for the rims. i have yamaha 2001 wheels on my 300, and the guy before me had the same wheels on a Honda 450 CRF, and KTM,s 300 for example has the right rear hub width as the Husky, 150mm. The Husky 4-strokes on the other hand is 5mm too wide at the rear hub. Most important is rear hub width. 150mm or smaller with spacer is required. Now my wheels are on my Honda CR 500:=).

Johnny
  7. SMKN-1 Husqvarna

johnnymannen had great ideas or --

if cash is no problem. order some Marchesini or carbon wheels $1800-$2200 or excel with hubs or comparable $900-1400

if cash is tight, strip your wheels "spokes & rims" reuse your hubs order some spokes and rims 3.5 & 4.5 width 17" build up wheels
  8. SMKN-1 Husqvarna

mine is street plated in NH and has been driven in maine, mass, vt & canada
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 5" wide rear rim with 160/60x17 wheel and there is no problem on the 300 with that, but the CR 500 is reeeally tight. I use cut slicks for the street, and the slick rear tire is not as wide as a regular roadtyre as it has a different profile (less flat). Turns in very easy into corners with the slick .
  10. john french Husqvarna

Thanks for the help every one. There is one road legal cr 500 motard in new zealand it is a 1997 and the guy wants $10000 us for it
  11. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ooh, that was a lot! My bike isn,t road legal. I use the number plate from my husky 300 and it doesn,t say Honda or 500 anywhere on it;=). The risk to be discovered is minimal.

Johnny
  12. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 on Johnny's comments about the wheels (not so much on swapping plates you naughty boy...)
    I've got a set of SMPro wheels on mine that I had on my 09 TE450, but I bought an OEM WR300 rear hub and had it laced to the 5 inch rim. The spoke pattern of the rim is a 'jap' pattern though, so make sure your wheel builder is good enough to work it out!
    [IMG]
  13. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your bike looks really good with the white rims! I am thinking of painting my rims black/white/black/white, like a chessboard, just like i have on my Honda CR 500 iceracing rims. it would look like the Swedish fire department is arriving;=)!
  14. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cheers Johnny!
    Checker pattern will look awesome! might be a pain in the arse to do though?
    put up some pics after you've done it!
  15. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

The rims are already done, but i don,t know how to put in pics.. I mean that i have the 500 rims done=).