1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 or 300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JDJ, Jun 13, 2012.

1. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    prev07 YZ450F , 07 CRF250X , 03XR250
    New to Cafe Husky. starting to get the Husky bug. currently ride a 2007 yz450f. mostly ride trails in Idaho and a few trips to St. Anthony Dunes. This bike does it all and I have no issues with it. I have never had a 2 stroker and just somethin about the sound and smell that lures me. I know they are a quite a bit more zippy off the throttle than what i am used to but just curious as to which way to go if i do go Husky. 250 or 300? What is the first year they made the 300? I am looking to buy a few years old due to cost. Anyone want to buy a sweet 450 Yammy?
  2. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

First year is 2009 for the 300. I like the 2010 and up for the suspension. The 300 has gobs of bottom end. I ride mostly gnarly messed up single track and this bike just eats it up. You won't know what to do with yourself with all of the weight savings.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    I've road a 07 yz450 with hydro clutch and full fmf and flywheel weighted, the bike had hardly no bottom end and seemed to be all mid hit lets just say this bike wanted to kill somebody in the woods, the bike was set up for woods also. Being me I'd much! rather have my husky over any bike I've ridden, 250 is probably just as fast as the yz and the 300 is one bad bike. 250/300 huskys are very strong and handle awesome will lug and scream, just get the suspension set for you and go.
  4. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Either one! You really cant go wrong. Just be prepared for more of a hit in the power band if you havnt ever owned a smoker! And I have owned a couple 450's.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I do a lot of singletrack, and really like the low end torque of the 300 for that type of riding.
  6. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I ride single track 99% of the time and LOVE my 3honey, power is easily controllable and plentiful, handling is great also.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Whaaaah, I miss my bike!:cry: Well, only three more months till red sticker season.:lol:
  8. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

You are just in time for northwest mountain riding season. Load it up and go on vacation. It's red sticker season here everyday! I'll show you some amazing single track!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  9. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

I seem to remember reading you were headed to Kennedy Keadows. What bike are you taking? You can ride red sticker there year round :banana:
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yeah, but I'll probably take the "shorty" KDX, that I have a box full of extra jets for.:rolleyes:
  11. Hammerz Husqvarna
    A Class

The 300 turns an average rider in to a good rider just by tuning it and riding it. 'nuff said.
  12. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    in my experience the WR 300 turned the average rider into the exhausted rider , coming off of a CRF 250 i found the bike a bit more agile but the power band and that 2-stroke hit can put you in the hospital if found at the wrong time, theres a reason the Husky pushes its four stroke line and nothing bout its smokers,they know its dated and much heavier that than others out there,
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Strange....I find the 300 both forgiving and and light handling. I think it weighs about 5 pounds more than the KTM 300, but feels so much more responsive in turns. The balance is incredible! The throttle is perfect in sticky, rocky situations. There is nothing that beats a two stroke for getting the job done, and that's why you still see them dominating in rugged cross country events.
  14. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im not mocking the Husky it has alot of positives !!! i love the brand just disappointed that i counldt get a handle on that WR, BTW a WR300 weights 243LBS without fuel but with a steering damper and barkbusters, the 2012 KTM XCW equiped equally was 232 !!! with an e-start !!!
  15. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Braddening had you ever rode a 2 stroke before the WR300? I came off a DR-Z400S (infamously smooth engine) and am amazed at how easy this engine is to control. Yeah, it's got gobs of power but once I dropped the Rekluse to low RPM engagement it was completely manageable. I took it out last week and it was still quite easy to control. Perhaps you didn't know how to use the clutch or you had no throttle control?

I'd suggest staying under your bridge instead of showing your trolling face around here anymore.
    Gotlabs, TROFFER88, Clete and 2 others like this.
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :rolleyes:
    Well thank heavens that the engineers at Husqvarna figured out how to make the 300 feel lighter manuvering and handling than the KTM, eh!:thumbsup: I have owned an older KTM, and have ridden the 2012 KTM 300 back to back with my 2011 WR300, and the KTM just wasn't nearly as easy for a small person like myself to get to respond in tight technical situations. The only place the KTM wins is the electric start, but the WR is so superior in other aspects, that the electric start is a moot point for me.
    Gotlabs, windsurf and ray_ray like this.
  17. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    HEY Joe Schmo !! did you read??? its my experience !! im an average c- rider !!!we all cant be a great A-Class rider like you !!! ...........we thinks we knows what the 'A' means.Old 'Chinese proverb, better to keep your opinions to yourself and let others think your stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt !
  18. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

To be honest you can't compare a crf250 with a 300 2 stroke. It is an 'apples and oranges' comparison. I know you haven't been riding long and as it turned out you might have been better off sticking with the little four stroke to gain more riding experience and basic technical knowledge. As anyone with any two stroke experience will tell you they are easy to tune to suit your own needs, mainly with simple jetting changes.
    I don't think it is very helpful to anyone when you translate every issue you have had into bike faults, when many seem to be down to lack of knowledge and ignorance.
  19. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I was just a average C rider when I got my WR300 last Feb. 2011 was my first full year racing, and only my second year of riding dirt bikes (I started dual sporting in 2008 but that doesn't compare to riding smokers). I have had no problems using the very manageable power of the 3 honey. The weight is not noticeable, unless you fall a lot, and handling is amazing. Electric start is a crutch IMO, unless you need it due to medical reasons. My honey starts so easily, Ive done it barefooted. Jetting was a breeze as was suspension setup. Then again, I am a first year B rider so my awesome skills may be above that of the lowly C class rider. Thats all I have for now, I'm going to admire my C class championship trophy I won last year and tell my bike how awesome she is.
  20. Kyspeedfactory Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    When my buddy got his 09 Wr300 with the stock pipe and not jetted that great.... it was a handful to ride even as an A rider.... he smashed his pipe and I got him a P/C pipe and silencer...night and day for this bike...I jetted it and this thing is like butter now...so good I bought it from him.... I just geared it up from 13/50 to 13/48 and man it pulls great... wont have another bike....