1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wr250 or wr300????

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mwracing64, Jul 7, 2012.

1. mwracing64 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350
    question, I am swapping from Kawis to Huskys. I want to ride a 2 stroke, if not I will probably be on the 13 txc310r, need some comments on a wr250 or 300 thats? What would your input be on them? The kawi 450s felt a little big to me for manuevarability. Ride pro in Oma nationals GNCC and many hare scramble series and i ride endurocross. I tested out the The tc250 and it felt very good for me. Wanted more power so I thought txc310r But I was also wondering about 2 stroke cause in GNCC I could run xc2 pro lites on 250 2 stroke. any complements
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I haven't ridden a 300 myself, I have a 250. I can tell you they feel very light and nimble and corner very well. The motors have good power and it's not hard to tune these motors to your preference.
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. mwracing64 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350
    nice thanks, what did you ride before your 250? you ride single track technical and or gncc style? cause i do both and whats your main mods bud?
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Two of the fastest guys I have ridden with (one is a pro and one is a gncc vet rider) ride Yamaha YZ250 2 strokes and I wouldn't trade my 250 Husky for either of their bikes. Even though I think my bike is better, they are still faster than me. They don't seem to be held back by having a 250 as opposed to a 300.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    If you like to short shift and enjoy lots and lots of bottom end power, get the 300. If you like to ride up in to the RPM range, get the 250. They both handle about the same, stable on straights and the best turning cross country bike on the planet.:thumbsup:
    Gotlabs, mwracing64 and lankydoug like this.
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I don't think you can go wrong with any of the wr's, I would like a 250 and a 300 to keep my 150 company in the garage!
  7. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Where do you live in TN?
  8. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    If you buy the 250 and want more power you can always buy the 300 cylinder and piston or vise versa. Im thinking about a 250 or 300 as well. If I go that route instead of a new 150 then I will get whatever I can get the best price on and change the cylinder later on if need be. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I do beleive the cylinders can be swapped between the 250 and 300.
  9. mwracing64 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350
    i live close to Loretta lynns and about 2 and half hours from chattannooga Trials Training center
  10. mwracing64 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350
    i think i have made decision on the wr250, and if you are correct then that will be something i will test with, i will ride a tc250 in endurocross though
  11. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    You got anything going on next Saturday, July 14th? There is a Buddy Run at the Boneyard in Antioch, TN (near Nashville). It's a 4 man team 8 hour race or you can run the Iron Man and do all 8 hours by yourself. It's an 8 mile course. I'm in no shape or skill level to race, but will be helping out at the race, if I don't have to work. I'll have my 300 there, if you happen to go, you can try it out.
  12. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I had a 2005 KX250 before my 2008 WR250. The Husky can turn much better, the KX might be better in a straight line. Gear ratio and spread pretty similar. The Husky is heavier, I think, but feels lighter and is less tiring to ride.
    My mods are:
    FMF Gnarly + Power Core II
    Head milled for compression
    Keihin Airstriker carb
  13. mwracing64 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350
    man that sounds great, im not able to ride till august, but i will bring my gear and ride it around if thats fine with you?? i went up to halls cycles not long ago to test out the tc250. i am probably going to get the wr250 but if you dont mind that sounds perfect! i appreciate it, keep in touch with me
    utopia likes this.
  14. mwracing64 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350
    same exhaust i will get probably because of the power received by the gnarly. flywheel?? i was going to test some, i want pure torque, power to ground
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Three hunny.
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The stock WR flywheel is plenty, I can't see more weight being needed. The Gnarly pipe is awesome on the 250, it pulls hard and stays smooth but revves out with a wicked top end. I had to completely re-jet after changing to the Gnarly.
  17. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Ok you're a good bit away from me, I was gonna say if you were kinda close you could test my 250.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a Walt Smith Husky 165 it runs about the same as a TC250 but lighter and cheaper to own and race.But you said you rode a TC 250 and wanted more.I also own a wr 250 with a Ohlin shock and it runs great.Plus a ex Zip Ty Racing Wr 300 with KYB forks and Ohlin shock
    There in not much difference between a 300 and 250.I race all 3 in all different types of races from motocross,Gran Prix to National Hare and hounds and even rode the 250 and 165 in Last Man Standing races.You said you were a pro and would race the pro class If you got a WR 300
    there would be many a different type of bikes in the open class and at the pro level you would have to work to run at the top,But the Wr 250
    is at the top of the order for the 250 class.I do much better in the 250 class on either my 165 or 250 then I do on my 300 in the open class.
    There is more compatition in the open class
    As for the 310 4 stroke it is a great bike but it can not run at the top of the pro class against the open bikes
  19. mwracing64 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350
    yeah i would run xc2 pro lites in gncc which is lites bikes but a 250 2 stroke can run in there also.
  20. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    So did you make a decision?