1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 pipe is bent and pushing against coolant hoses

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Acmesalute76, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    I seem to remember a post about this but can't find it anywhere. The left side of my pipe must've got hit and is up against the coolant hoses. I bent it back slightly and stuck some insulating foam in there for now. I recall someone had created a preventative measure for this. The bike still runs 100% and I really don't want to buy a new pipe, especially since this will just happen again. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. What should I do?
  2. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    Anybody else had this problem?
  3. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I used a Pro circuit pipe (that was pushed up against the hose) for a full year and it never caused a problem.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I had a pipe on a bike a few years ago that the pipe touched the coolant hose on. I just stuck some Heat Tile on the hose and called it good. Maier makes it. I also press it on the back of plastic side panels where the exhaust touches them.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Fast By Ferracci had a kit with metal tubing and clamps to splice in where pipe would potentially rub hose. Where pipe comes close to hose on my WR144, I wrapped another piece of hose around the radiator hose and safety wired it in place.
  6. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    That heat tile stuff looks like a good idea. Norman, where did you find that kit? Do you have a link?
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  8. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I used a piece of PVC notched and smoothed out to go just below the bottom hose bend.Keeps the pipe off the hose and protects it from any potential punctures.I used electrical tape to hold in place.
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just bite the bullet and buy an aftermarket pipe.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I bent mine often ... ESP the 2C racing pipe as it was really thin ..U can pull the hose back some with a zip tie and try not to crash on the left side ... OR do the other things mentioned here ... And no crashes on the left side works best ...
  11. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    We don't all have your money. :)
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You sure won't if you burn a hole in your coolant hose and burn up your crank and piston. Pipes are not that expensive. Also I recommend you send the original off to have it repaired for a spare.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I kept 2 pipes as I crashed often ... U can put a bent pipe back to almost normal by using a vice and inserting a pry bar in the exhaust opening and bend it back ... use heat sparingly as it weakens the metal ... Or send it out to be fixed for about 100$ ..

Straighten that pipe some, use a zip tie to pull that hose back and ride on .... battle any crash on the left side before going over ...

PS -- if this is a stock pipe on Ur bike, I've never heard any say much good about them ... a 2t machine lives off that pipe and most aftermarket pipes are better but watch which one you might buy as some add bottom end and some add MID and some the top end ..
  14. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    This is the stock pipe. I actually like the power curve it gives. Anyone have suggestions on aftermarket pipes that are similar? Pro circuit makes a platinum 2 but you have to buy the silencer with it, and that's even more money I don't want to spend. And I hate to buy a new pipe and do the same thing to it.

I have a race this weekend and since I rode all day with the pipe on the hose like that I'm not all that concerned with losing a hose. I'm going to try and bend it back some and put some insulating tape or exhaust wrap in there for now.
  15. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
  16. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    Wow, that one is 10 times worse than mine! Lol. Mine is just barely pushing on the hoses, that one is practically wrapped around the engine case!
  17. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

i took a 2 inch section of radiator hose, sliced it lengthwise and ziptie it to the coolant hose as a buffer piece. the stock pipes are like tinfoil.
  18. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

The FBF kit to modify the radiator hose is just a piece of alum tube and 2 hose clamps. You could make one yourself pretty easy. 2 minutes before the start of a race in 02 on my CR 250 I looked down and saw I had bent my pipe back and the radiator hose was melting and had a big blister in it about to pop. I found a small piece of bark and wedged in between the pipe and hose that worked to get through the moto.
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On WR250's I always took a piece of hose, sliced it and zip tied it over. Bingo no probs.
  20. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

hahaha i hope you feel better about your pipe after seeing mine [IMG], they are pretty easy to fix with an oxy torch
    post some pics