1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr250 piston change

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Flynny, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Flynny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 2004
    I've had a noise on my husky since I've owned it and covered about 750 miles since and the noise has not got any worse. I have been reading threads on here for a while and found a video that sound just like my bike. I pulled the clutch out and inspected the gears and basket but all ok. I then pulled the cylinder off and found that the piston had very light marks on the inlet side, although I find it hard to be causing the noise on my engine. Anyways I have a E marked barrel and need to sorce the correct size piston kit.
    Have checked with husky and costs £185. Has anybody got any cheaper alternatives they use that I can get in the uk?
    Any help greatly appritiated.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I don't know how slight your marks are on the piston but slight marks are quiite normal in the port areas. Can you catch you finger nail on them?
    Besides a loose piston the wrist pin & bearing is a comon source of a sound and unless real loud, normal too.
    I don't know about the availability, but Wiesco makes a good forged replacement that is cheaper than OEM. I think the last one I got was around 160$.
  3. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Hi buddy you may want to try off road only there based in wales they can supply everything you need. piston choice is wiseco, wossner (which i prefer) pro-x or mitaka.
  4. Flynny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 2004
    Thanks guys will look them up tomorrow, thinking as its out I may as well replace it then I know it's all good.
    Where can I get torque figures for all fixings etc? And how to set up clutch and power valve? Struggling to find workshop manual.
  5. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    here you go

Cylinder nut
    M10x1,25 15,9÷18,1 lbft

Cylinder head nut
    M8x1,25 13÷14,5 lb ft

hope this helps
  6. Flynny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 2004
    Nice one.... Just need the mrs to give me some spare time now to re build and most importantly test.!
  7. deanevo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki VN800
    You don't have to fiddle with the power valve settings actually..unless you really want to.
    You should be able to find a Wossner piston online, with rings and bearings for about 100 pounds or so.