1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 silencer drilling question

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by d7b, Apr 30, 2024.

1. d7b Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sach Madass 125cc +142 big bore kit
    I never post as I hate to hassle but the suggestions on here all suggest the entry end of the silencer slips off with some effort after removing the 8mm nuts .

I’m great at wrench handing motorcycles but can’t get the intake end to budge without me destroying it. Am I correct to assume the rivets drilled out to remove the packing are the countersunk circles I can see on the intake end after unbolted ? Then rivet it again after repacking with some suitable JB weld or permatex if you wreck the O-ring ? All my 4T huskies were easy. Thing thing is Nuts.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Yes, you will need to drill out the rivets. Be sure to use steel rivets when you reassemble. I started saving up for a FMF replacement right away, after repacking my OEM muffler on the WR300.
  3. d7b Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sach Madass 125cc +142 big bore kit
    Awesome. Thanks for the help. I thought it was a different silencer until I saw the faint raised paint circles
  4. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I've always had to use a thin table knive with a nice rounded handle/end to separate the sealant between the can and the end cap. Spray a little furniture polish in the gap... Endust is my favorite, really cuts the spooge and gunk.:oldman: