1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR250: Thinking about switch after a year on KTM

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firffighter, Aug 29, 2013.

1. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have had a blast this past year on my KTM200. It's a '98, but has been totally revamped and dialed in for NW woods. It has been a great bike and I really don't have any complaints except that it is a light 2-stroke and due to its light weight it does not have the stability my former 250/300 2-strokes have had. That lack of stability can cause issues from time to time, but at the same time, the light weight and quick turning are a big plus, especially over a 3+ hour tough ride.

I love the power delivery and it works awesome for tight, nasty woods riding. It has great low end and comes on smooth (jetting dialed) and lugs awesome. I am looking for similar power delivery, still fairly light and agile, yet stable at the same time. That brought me to thinking a WR250 might be a good fit.

Pluses on the WR would be huge on the stability scale. Many even say no need for stabilizer. Still light weight, probably not as light feeling as my KTM200, but still light and good woods manners. Good woods power delivery, stone cold reliable and great handling.

Found a couple local in my price range:

http://salem.craigslist.org/mcy/3994346362.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/4025645426.html

Thinking the '07 would be nice and has lots of extra nice features. '04 seems really clean and well maintained, but price is high IMO.

Any thoughts?

Plus, it would give me an excuse to attend the NW Husky Gathering without getting crap for riding an Orange bike!
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    The first one would concern me because he used it with a paddle tire which means a lot of hill climbs...or sand which is hard on any machine. The second one looks dialed in. See if he kept up on the maintenance. The "diamond on the goat's @ss" when it comes to the WR is the motor. Such a great motor for woods and tight single track. It almost never stalls!
    When I buy used Im always looking for one like the 07. Research the cost of all of those goodies on the 07 because the 04 is pretty much stock. It all adds up to be A LOT of money.
    Good luck with your choice.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Tasky had a brand new 300 for 3999.00 Bill said he was getting some 14? 300 's in . That isn't much more for new and the new KYB suspension is waaaaay better than the old shiver stuff .