1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 too tall

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jmp2001, Mar 10, 2013.

1. jmp2001 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    When I purchased my new WR250 the seat height was really high. The dealer told me not to worry, that the suspension would break in and it would get lower. Im about 5'10". Any helpful suggestions on how to lower it would be appreciated.
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    These bike are tall. A couple of things with it being a new bike. Your suspension springs may or may not be the correct ones for your weight and also the sag of the rear shock needs to be set. That being said, I'm 5'8" and I don't have any trouble starting mine.
  3. jmp2001 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Thats good to know. I thought some people were going to tell me I bought the wrong bike! Could I ask what your seat height is? Are you able to have both feet flat on the ground? Thanks.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Oh heavens no! :eek: I have been on my tippy toes on every bike I have had since I was 15! When I ride motocross tracks the seat height is not really a problem, but riding tight trails can be a pain.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

6. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    One thing that will help in more ways than one is to pull that 140 balloon iron rubber tire off the back, throw it out, and put a good 110-120 width tire on. I run a m404 Bridgestone in 110x100, it gets better traction and isn't so clown car looking. The orange company puts a 110 on theirs, no need for a 140 DOT tire on a dirt bike.

I'm 5'9" by the way. And set up my sag like vinduro suggests... Oddly enough with stock setup I was in the good enough range.
  7. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    The PO had my rear shock shortened about an inch via an internal spacer. I didn't think I would like it, but it makes the bike much more manageable in technical terrain.

Right now the forks are raised up to the second line to match the drop in back, but i'll probably shorten them too.

I ride almost all woods so I don't notice the loss in travel much, but I do notice the loss in clearance from time to time.
  8. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I'm 5'11" and I've never ridden a proper dirt bike that I could flat foot. If you can flat foot it, it probably doesn't have enough ground clearance and/or suspension travel!