1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Wr250 weak spark

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Flynny, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Flynny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 2004
    So it seems I have a weak spark on my 2004 wr 250. The plug is wet when checked and have changed the fuel to eliminate that being the cause. When I pull the plug out it sparks but I don't think it's great. Have tried for ever to get the girl going but she is dead. Any suggestions on what it might be and how do I test the suspected components. Thanks for any help
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Bad ground? Stator is going? Ignition module? Have you pulled the stator cover off to see what it looks like inside? Also, if you have a friend or dealer who might switch out an ignition module to see if it improves spark?
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Check easy stuff 1st.

Make sure your kill button is not shorting....take it off and see if the problem goes away.

Check the coil wire mounting bolts too.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    +1 stator cover, yanked mine and it was half full of rusted water, puller rotor off an sandpapered the stator freash and varnished the outter stator.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I posted up a mod for the stator cover last year. Id take a look at it regardless. If you run the bike thru any water its worth doing. I was way ahead of Pierer and had KTM parts on my Husky a year ago haha.
  6. Flynny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 2004
    I have pulled the stator cover and it looks mint in there. Got the coil and cdi unit off now just checked all wires and connections and they seem good. Will clean the coil mounts on refit to make sure. Is there any way of testing the coil, cdi and stator with volt meter? Got a new platinum plug on order to try.
    Thanks for the help so far.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    have you checked the spark plug cap with the ohm meter? if its a supressed one these brake down and a new plug wil cure it for a day or so but then the resistance increases an your back to square one.
    if you have a 5kohm plug cap remove it an install non supressed.

that is if you have a resistor plug cap.
  8. Flynny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 2004
    do you mean just the plug cap? or plug cap and ht lead together to check? can the ht lead be removed from the coil without damaging it?
    is there a part number or preferred type of cap that you would use.?
    I'm getting loads of flack from the boys i ride with as their orange perils are running without fault at the moment!!!
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeh its the rubberised plug cap and yes the ht lead can be removed its a corse woodscrew type thread unwind it anticlockwise, i literally used an old car htlead just to get me out of bother. good luck
  10. Flynny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250 2004
    Replace the plug, plug cap and ht lead then Put tank back on with fresh fuel and give it a go.... Still nothing. Tried the spark with a spark tester in place of a plug and it jumped the gap there so thinking the spark is healthy after all. Weird one as the plug seems to bee getting wet. Will spend some more time on it soon when the mrs and little one aren't about. I've gotta spare carb to try just in case that's partially blocked.
  11. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    did you check the timing of the flywheel as apparently some of the woodruff keys sheer your flywheel could be misaligned, if your plugs wet and sparking its gotta be timing.. or air.