1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 2010 Pipe & bash plate protecter

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Croc, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I am searching high & low for a pipe protector for my Husky. I have a bash plate which is good, but no protection for pipes. Hyde makes one for the 2009 model & it doesn't fit the 2010 model. P3 doesn't have one, I have found a generic alloy one, But I don't have faith in them. The hyde combo is the best I have found, but not for 2010. Any one on here found anything? Not having much luck in Oz.
    Soup likes this.
  2. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    nah me neither, im pissed cause i had my pipe replaced under warranty and they only supply 2010 pipes now (apparently designed for 300, earlier were 250 pipes)

i have a whipps bash/pipe protector but it dont fit the 2010 pipe so i cant use it anymore

I also spoke to stefan at RnD husky and he does the hyde plates but dont fit 2010 very well either!

Ill just play the waiting game
  3. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

i don't use a pipe protector. in my experience, they just make the pipe bend somewhere else so there's stress on the mounts so they vibrate apart on crack off and i have to get the frame rewelded. Admittedly, this has mostly happened on ktm's, nonetheless, i just run a gnarly pipe and call it good.
  4. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    my pipe protector didnt touch the pipe, was bolted seperately.
  5. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Up Tite makes a skid plate that comes out in front of the bottom of the pipe without touching it. It looks a little different but it works great.
  6. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    We sell put and put on ?alot of Hydes on the 300S? Why wont it fit 2010 ,I have both bikes in stk,they come with 2 diffent rear mounts.Ill try one out and let you know if it will go on 2010.billf
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I ended up drilling new hole in the back of the plate so I could slide it back another inch or so and then I moved the pipe mounts around so they pull on the front, not the sides. Looks to me like it fits better this way.

The rear lower mount looks like it was meant to have a long slot to adjust, but is only delivered with holes. Easy enough to alter.
  8. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    The 10 has a different pipe to 09
  9. epie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Hey Croc,
    We do have the pipe guard for the 010, It is the same as the 09. Updating our website
    has been slow to happen but we hope to have updated in the next few days.

Eric
    P3
  10. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Eric

I am really after the Hyde pipe protector, But the one you are mentioning is that the P3 Kevlar pipe protector? I have contacted the Hyde distributer in Oz & they don't have one for the 2010 bike yet. My dealer tried to fit an 09 Hyde pipe protecter/Bash plate & he couldn't get it to fit due to the changes in pipe. So Eric I am after what ever I can get at this stage. Do you have a link to your site & do you post to Australia?
  11. epie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Yes, the P3 Guard.
    This is Eric the Owner of P3 here.
    I double checked the part numbers and the pipes are the same from 2009-2010. We have the 250 and 300 stock pipe guards and also the FMF and Pro-Circuit Plat 2 Pipe guards available. I do a ton of sales in OZ these days.
  12. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
  13. epie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Yes, Sorry about that. You can order the 09 300 Guard and it will fit the 010
  14. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Eric
    Do you have them in stock? & when I put it into a cart I pick the destination, there is no freight charge coming up....Is that correct?
  15. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    hmm, im 100% that the 09pipe and 10 pipe are different, i have one of each.

my 09 pipe guard does not fit the 10 pipe.

The 09 pipe was a 250 pipe and the 10 pipe has been specifically designed for the 300.

Husky even lists different part numbers between 09-10. And there is also a few different ones depending on where you live.
  16. epie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    Here is the 250 Part Number #8B00 A0144. (2007-2010)
    Here is the 300 Part Number #8000 H0678. (2009-2010)

This is the link for the part numbers: http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com.au/spareparts.php

We actually found out the hard way by sending a guard from a 250 for a 300. Did not Fit! The 250 Guard fits 2007-2010 250 pipe only. The 300 guard fits the 2009-2010 300 pipe only. Hope this clears up some questions.
  17. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    mine was running a modified 250 whipps guard, which fitted my original pipe, i had the pipe replaced under warranty and pipe was bigger and guard was no where near able to fit.

i spoke to stefan at R n D and he said you have been supplied a 2010 pipe as the 09 pipes are not made anymore . . .
  18. yakka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    I modified a PRP guard I bought from Bolton M/C for my KTM300 years ago,for my WR300.They will do one for Husky I believe,but will cost xtra AUD50. These are the best type of guard in my opinon-light,strong , doesnt touch the pipe & collect mud. With the sheath type ones,even if the pipe doesnt dent it can still bend it.
  19. bhc357 Husqvarna
    A Class

i bought a moose racing pipe guard and the Scorpian Racing Rad guard and Skid Plate, thats what most of the guys i ride with here in BC use, Bullet Proof!! I intend to buy an eline when i upgrade to a gnarly pipe.