1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 Add Ons

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AC3, Nov 8, 2012.

1. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R, KTM 400 EXC
    Hello all, Newbie here.

I have just recently acquired a WR300. Has anyone put a hydraulic clutch on this bike? Also what other add ons or accessories are recommended.

I am a Brit in Cyprus so if anyone is over here then look me up to ride. I can hook you up with a bike if needs be! : )

Thanks,
  2. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    I have an 09 WR300. I put a Magura hydraulic system on it and I really like it.
    Other things have been:
    38mm Kehin PWK a/s
    Flatland skid plate
    Cycra hand guards
    Scoots/BRP sub mount stabilizer
    Leo Vince silencer
    IMS tank
    CR hi Pro Tapers
    Zeta front disc guard
    Suspension revalved
    Pitched the stock computer for an ICO

The bike is great to ride.
    The only thing I plan to do in the future is a TM designs rear chain guide.
  3. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Farmer John,
    Thanks for the feedback. Mine is also an 09. The WR300 is a truly awesome machine and yours sounds amazing.
    Do you have any photos to link too?

Where did you get the clutch system from and is it a complete add on or did you have to modify it from another bike? I have done various searches online but to no avail.
    I have that stabilizer on my 400 exc, which I am selling but it is really good.
    Interesting that you would change the carb. Do you get better fueling with this, and how does it effect the feel.

(Btw noticed you are in Santa Clara, CA. Big time 49ers fan here. Watch every game, even at 4am in the morning. You might not be interested in Football so just ignore this last bit if you want...;))
  4. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    I got the Magura as a kit from Magura USA. It was not the best fit, took an evening in the garage and some quality time with a bastard file to get it to fit as I wanted. The Kehin I put on right after I got the bike. I have owned 3 other bikes with that Mikuni, 97 YZ250, 01 Hon CR250, & 03 Hon CR250. On each of these the Kehin was a vast improvement in rideability, milage, and sensetivity. I spent one weekend with the Mikuni on the Husky tuning it then got the Kehin. Probably could have spent more time getting the Mikuni to work right, but I bought the bike to ride, not fiddle with.

Attached Files:

nqjim likes this.
  5. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    As far as the 49er's, I'm not a flag waving - red/gold underware wearing fan, but I live less than a mile from the new stadium and I'm stoked because I can take a bike path from my house to the stadium to see the home games.
  6. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dude, Love what you done with the bike. Thanks for the pics.
    I dropped an email to Magura USA. Do you know the specific model you obtained? I was looking at the Hymec model which is supposedly compatible with most off road bikes. Not sure about this though.
    On another thread Motorsportz claimed that they had some to buy which were customised to specifically fit the WR300. I looked on their website but nothing much there in regards to this. Wonder if they had a final product ready!

I am going to do some more riding before I decide about the Carb. It is good to know about the Keihin though.

Do you know about any heel/frame guards? The paint has rubbed off near the kick starter. Don't want to keep touching it up.

Love the Niners. I'll admit to wearing gold and red underwear!! lol.
  7. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Magura say they can do a customised kit.
    For this they need to know the activation length of the clutch. I made it 117mm. Does anyone know the official number?
  8. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

I run a Recluse XP Pro. I like it, particularly with the strong clutch on my 09 WR250. Don't need a magura if you have a Recluse and you will never stall. There are other benefits as I was reminded today threading my way through a long very tight woods section.
  9. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    P3 makes plastic frame guards.
  10. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I spoke to Magura and the kit can probably done for around 300 to 350 euros. That is quite a bit to fork out for not that much improvement. As much as I prefer the clutch, on my ktm, I do no think it is 350 euro better.

I do quite a lot of stalling, so I can see the benefit of Recluse clutch. How much did it cost to install? Is it worth it for a weekend warrior such as myself?
  11. Farmer John Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WR250, 01 KTM 400MXC
    I tried to find the part number for the kit I got, but must have pitched it into the trash. It was a hymec kit. It was not all that expensive. As I recall it was in the range of $250 usd.
    I went with the magura after having a revlock dyna ring in the bike for a few months. I grew up riding/racing 2 strokes and could not get used to not controlling the bike with my clutch hand. With the money from selling the dyna ring I got a the magura kit & a rear tire.
  12. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Im having the same problem with my wr250. While I really like the dyna ring it would be nice to be able to work the clutch like I am use to. Do you have a link to the Magura USA website?
  13. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, having looked further into the recluse option, although I do not understand it that well, I can not imagine riding without working the clutch. That is just not the direction I would like to go. I would rather pay 250 dollars for the magura set up which at that price is well worth it. I will drop a line to Magura USA as the one I spoke to was in Germany.
  14. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    You still have all clutch working abilities with a Rekluse.If you want to feather the clutch to get on the pipe quicker you still can and you can still bump start.
  15. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Once you use a Rekluse you'll never want to have a bike without it!:thumbsup:
    9880sts likes this.
  16. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Does anyone have the part # for the magura hydraulic clutch or know where I can look it up?
  17. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

the magura discussion has been had on here a couple times. they made a set up 1 time but the clutch pull was harder then it is stock. also you had to drill out the cable mount to fit the slave cylinder. sounded like a bust. the only thing you were gaining was not ever having clutch fade.

ive only had clutch fade once but it was from heavy clutch abuse, these bikes have a nice clutch pull. if you really want to lighten things up you can take out 1 of your clutch springs. youll have 5 left in there and they are plenty strong. ive never had any slipping issues. also you can pull the through rod out and adjust the top had looking deal and lesson your free play at the clutch arm since these bikes arent set up to fully disengage from the factory.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Shorten the stock cable run it direct up the left side .Pour fork oil or trans fluid down the cable till it runs out the bottom Almost as east as my 125 now
    Re fill the cable with oil every few rides Cheapest fix I know that works One other thing I notice not every Husky 250/300 has the same clutch pull.Went down the line at Malcome Smiths the other day He had 4 bikes and they all felt different One 250 was super easy