WR300 @ Carnegie Hills.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Mar 23, 2014.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    benwiggin2 and ray_ray like this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet looking scared up hills and I'm sure that 300 has no problems climbing any of that stuff ... I could ride all day at a place like that ... Just ride and take a break and watch others and then ride some more ... That's sort of what my riding has evolved into these days ...
  3. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    Nice! Hey did that place used to be referred to as Galt, Gault?

Damn dude, what a playground that place is! Was checking some of your other vids, your riding areas are awesome.
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    "Carnegie" has been called Carnegie all the way back to 1966 as far as I know. My Dad and brothers used to go there shooting into the railroad service embankment behind the old foundation of the old Carnegie brick factory. We used to picnic under a pepper corn tree growing out of the middle of the concrete slab. I still have some of the Carnegie bricks today that are nowadays collectors items in my Dads backyard. That made there way here from the Bay Area from when we used to live up there. That pepper corn tree, well it still shows up on Google Earth. There's a stone monument out along the road also with a plaque on it.

My brothers and myself got a minibike from my Dad and Stepmother in 1967 that he traded a couple 22 rifles for. We brought it out there in the trunk of a 65' Oldsmobile Cutlass and made a few of the first trails that were there. We stopped shooting there in late 67 when a guy popped up while we were shooting into that railroad service mound on a 67' Yamaha DT 125cc with a White with black pinstripes gas tank. that was the end of us shooting there. It turned into a private owned motorcycle park and the road got fenced in. There never was a fence before that.

They used to have the World GP motocross races there back in the early to late 70's, used to go to them all the time. 1 year a guy in a Chevy 4 wheel drive truck took off during the races up a steep hill from the pits and his big spare tire rolled out of the back of his truck and skipped down the mountain. It took about 2 bounces to clear the pits and hit a teenager and parylized him and put him in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. The lawsuits came after that and the motorcycle park became part of the Ca. State off road park system.

Its been called Carnegie Motorcycle park since the late 70s. I can assure you. I wish I still could go riding there but I'm down in South East AZ. nowadays.

Galt is 20 miles south of Sacramento and just north of Lodi on the Stockton 99 hwy.

Carnegie is between Tracy and Livermore CA. on Corral Hollow Road. Its back in the hills behind the Lawrence Livermore National Labratories and can only be accessed from the West or East side of the Altamont pass off of the 580 Interstate leaving the Bay Area heading East into the Central Valley.

Sorry I had to step in and answer your question when I saw it but this place has a place in my childhood, that has followed me to the current age of 55 years. I've been into off road dirtbikes ever since seeing that first Yamaha 125. First riding Hodaka's and moving on to several different Maico's a few early Husqvarna's and now my Hybrid BMW / Husky 449 powered G450X with KTM Front and WP Trax shocked rear suspension. It's been a long journey through many different racing endeavors from Flatrack/TT Quads and Fast high 8 second doorcar dragracing and right back to my roots in dirtbikes.
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  5. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    ^^solid gold^^- Thank's for that Big Timmy.
  6. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ben,
    You should plan a trip up to see it and go riding there. Its awesome! When I lived in Stockton for about 7 years before I moved to AZ. We used to go riding up in West Point, Wilseyville, Mukoulamee hill, Shads, all areas up in the hills east of Stockton and Lodi. Some great riding and some awesome Enduro riding courses up in the hills. It was a good change of scenery from just riding the Lodi Cycle Bowl every Saturday Night when I was Flat Tracking and TT riding my Honda Cr 500 powered Trx 250 quad. I thank the "Powers that Be" I am still alive today to ride after the days of that thing. It was a handfull. :banana:

I believe it made me a much better 2 wheeled rider though, as I tend to ride much smoother and lay down the power in a tracktable way nowadays and not drag a foot unless absolutely necassary. Not to say I don't do any "broadies" nowadays but they are usually done with my feet on the pegs with much more style and would probably be called drifting or sliding. "Yaa Baby":thumbsup:

I'm afraid of getting a SuperMoto for the street here, as much as I want one. Just to ride around locally where I live. Even though I drive a 9 second street legal car around on the streets. I know if I had a Sumo, I would be without a license. Which would require me to be saying to often, "Yes Officer" :busted: and "No Officer". :notworthy:
    Xcuvator and benwiggin2 like this.
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Holister is awesome as well. My Bro used to live in Carmel and I used to go down and go riding and then stay at his house before heading back up to Stockton. Always stopped in Gilroy and hit the fruit stands on my way back, loved them baby brussel sprouts still on the stock. Something I wouldn't touch when I was a kid until I started cooking them myself. I still buy them from Trader Joes in Tucson when in season and they still come from that area by the way. Those stands always had some different produce items than what they had up in the Stockton area.
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Went to Carmel a couple of times when I was at Fort Ord and my BB 66 SS Chevelle and 337 Honda were sitting at home all alone in 69. Really nice place then. Monteray was really a hoot.
    OOps, what was this thread?
    benwiggin2 and Big Timmy like this.
  9. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    "Carnegie hills" and now "Hollister hills", Xcuvator. No worries. Theres more to life than just riding, other things, people and places lead up to having a good reason to go riding. Or have a place to lay up when you are going riding. Right?

My older Brother did his Post graduate training at Fort Ord at the Naval Warfare School they have there. He went to Annapolis and was there during the 87' Earth quake which had its epicenter down around there. His wife from Virginia Beach/Norfolk area was Pregnant and just had her 1st kid, my Nephew Wesley. She popped within a few days from that Earth quake. We all got a kick out of how scared she was. I did anyway. She couldn't wait to get the heck out of California as soon as he was done there with school. Monterey is a great place to lodge if your not poor and happen to be riding the Coastal hiway.

Wesley is my only Nephew, I let him drive my tubbed 66' Plymouth Belvedere when he was here last and I told him he's the one thats gonna get all my stuff someday.
    benwiggin2 and Xcuvator like this.