1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 compared to TXC310

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Taylor4ek, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Taylor4ek Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM200EXC
    Have any WR300 owners had a ride aboard a TXC310? I'm curious how the two compare in low end grunt, weight and ease of riding. I plan on picking up one of these 2 bikes and am curious how they stack against each other. Thank you.
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I had the pleasure of racing a 2012 TXC 310 this past weekend and loved it. Prior to the race I had about 5 minutes of seat time on it, we set the sag as close to 105 as possible and adjusted the clickers a little and off I went. I was last off the line since I hadn't spent much time learning how to start the bike, so I had to go to neutral and hit the button. My first lap was the "learning lap" and once I figured out how to ride the pig it was game on! Power was awesome! Handling was spot on and did I mention the power was sweet! This race consisted of a big mx track in addition to the normal HS setup, I was launching this jewel and the bike handled everything with ease. The wide open spaces were gobbled up with just a twist of the wrist and a upward click on the shifter. Bottom line is I consider myself a diehard 2 stroke guy, but the TXC310 could easily find its way into my shed. I put 2.5 hrs on it and loved every minute of it. To give you a better feeling of how confident I felt on the bike, just check out the results, 10th to 3rd. I swear on everything sacred I had about 5 minutes on this bike before I pulled up to the starting line. I am consistently top 3 on my WR300 also and felt I could have won on this bike if I could have set the suspension up prior to racing. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH EITHER BIKE!

RESULTS
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I rode a TXC310 back to back with the WR300. Maybe it's just me because I love two strokes, but the TXC felt top heavy compared to the WR. And we all know what I ended up buying!:D
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Yes, the CG is a lot different between the two bikes. The hardest parts for me was 1. Hold the throttle longer to account for engine braking 2. Sit on the gas cap to get it to turn (this was an issue that could have been resolved with correct springs/clicker/fork adjustment). The weight does carry differently, but I found that staying on the gas helped that feeling. That whole "rotational mass" thing has something to do with it.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

WR is simpler and easier to fix and maintain. no buggy e-start no maybe fuel pump. stone axe technology.

I think the 310 handles better. WR 300 has more power. gotta kick the WR..hard to plate a 2 smoke or ride it on the road.

WR should be cheaper to buy. Ebay parts all over the place.
  6. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    I've got a 300 and I've ridden a friend's 310. The 300 has way more power and it comes on low and hard. The 310 needs to be wound out a bit. The hydro clutch on the 310 is fantastic compared to the 300's cable. The WR can be a bit much in the tight, tight trails as you sort of have to lug it a bit to keep the front end down . . . the 310 won't do anything you don't want it to.
    john01 likes this.
  7. Taylor4ek Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM200EXC
    Great advice, thanks. Which would you all think would be the better "do-it-all" bike, as in owning only 1 bike? Do it all meaning tight single track, sand, hill climbs, rocks, hare scramble (for a guy 6 foot tall - 185lbs - long arms).
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you race hard get the WR...the TXC may not hold up.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  9. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Long term....hands down the WR300. Bulletproof motor that will last well over 200hrs if you don't abuse it. Mine has 250+hrs on the original topend.
  10. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    If it were me, and I could only choose between the two bikes, I would probably try the 2013 TXC310. The new head and Keihin FI will probably get the power up quite a bit and you get a newer chassis, better suspension, 6-speed, and buttery smooth clutch. Durability is great, but for me, technology is more fun.