1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 in print again

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BikeSDP, Aug 1, 2009.

1. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    The postman (err postperson) delivered the September 2009 issue of Dirt Rider today. There is an article about the 2009 WR300 on page 55. Interesting read, though only a page and a half. Don't want to spoil it for you if you've yet to receive your's, but I'll tease you with one quote that I found funny. They had three reviews of the bike as is customary in that mag. The one that stood out: "The kickstarter is the first hint as to why Jimmy Lewis calls this bike 'Stumpy'."

I'm still glad I bought mine. :applause:
  2. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    My favorite quote:
    "How fast? This bike walks away from 450cc four-strokes in a third-gear roll-on or even in hammer down acceleration. Trust us, this bike is Open-class." :smirk:
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    The DR crew also is welcoming info concerning good set up tips for the WR300. They were testing a bone stock unit. C-Mon WR300 guys send them your set ups, carb, PV setting, suspension, help them get her dialed in. Maybe LTR can make the DR tested list, any of you guys using LTR suspension? Tire choice? Pipe more more lets get this 300 up to task, they even had brake issues, odd because of the similarity to the KTM Brembo units which they said were far superior, any with fluid bleed/change/upgrade, pads (My fave are CM44 Braking pads). Give em some input.

DRmail@sorc.com
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Odd, huskys have fantastic brakes most find better than the KTM even if they are very similar design wise.

K
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It could have been many things. Someone could have spilled some oil on the pads. Hard to tell without someone being there.

I'm still waiting for my issue so I have not read the article yet.
  6. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

WR 300 vs. Dirt Rider

Got my issue yesterday also. Possible the Dirt Rider crew gave up on tuning the bike when they couldn't figure out where to plug the lap top in?

WR Bob
  7. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    There is quite a dramatic difference in the brakes between my 610 and the 300 in terms of modulation.

Oh, and I thought the article did concede that maybe, just maybe a leaky fork seal caused oil to hit the pads
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    #1 for the sake of sales,,,,,,please give the mag a gone over thoroughly machine, broken in and in some way dialed in at least a little bit,,,ie jetted for the 90% mag testing grounds of SoCal areas. PV set for smoothness, with noted option to adjust for hard hit.non leaking fork seal,,,,I would bet if it was properly air bled and excercised (bounced thru the travel with some fork fluid on the leg and wiped down it will be fine.)
    The DR guys are good guys and very reasonable objective test riders, the standards /bar set by all the bikes they test from OEM to Factory specials is very high, so when they have gripes about certain ergos and leaky fork seals, it needs to be mentioned. remember it still always is opinion of each rider even the well respected testers. PS I think I would like the "little" stumpy kick lever, I have always liked the little quick dab kick starters.
    PS they gave the Aprilia MXV450 a very good rating,,even old school crusty demon pro factory Phil Lawrence really wanted to get some real factory set up help so he could really cut loose on the twin. Chris Barrett liked it too, Ape has been hard at work, bravo, seems they got the superbike dialed in as well!
  9. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

in print

the questions is who is setting up the bikes for tehe mags. i know they don't give them one from the crate. thee used to be somebody up in the chino hills area who was doing the stuff for husky. an independent. anybody know ?? i fail to understand why husky wouldn't have a dealer set the bike up.. uptite, Gp, ????? :excuseme::excuseme::excuseme:
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

2010 pipe. :thumbsup:

r
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't get the Mag so they said "it walks away from 450 4-strokes"? Man I have to get me one!