1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 - Just bought my first Husky, can you make good for moto?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Docholiday0187, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Docholiday0187 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Crf250r, Honda Ruckus
    So I just bought my first Husky. A 2011 WR300. I am a motocross guy and just sold my 2010 crf250r to purchase this. I am wanting to race some hare scrambles next year, but I also want to race some motocross with it. I love the bike. This thing turns like a Ferrari. It has Pro-Circuit exhaust, Jetted carb by Pro-circuit, Factory Connection Suspension also. I guess the question is, can this bike be a good moto bike.

Also I am looking for some aftermarket parts for my bike. If you got something for sale, let me know.

Thanks
    Brandon

[IMG]
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    What class would you run in? We tried to run a 300 in MX in '09 and were only allowed to enter the unlimited classes... these were outlaw races only. In AMA races they looked at us like we were crazy. That said, a properly set up 300, in the right hands would dominate the 450 classes without much problem. In a modern frame, in the right hands, the 300 would singlehandedly reincarnate 2 stroke MX racing in the USA.
    Eggimal likes this.
  3. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Yes, these bikes are very at home on an MX track if your suspension is set up for it. Not much else would be required. Maybe somebody else could chime in, but I'm told the WR is basically the same frame and engine as the CR series with the enduro lighting, spark arrestor, and 18" rear wheel.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Sounds to me like it's ready to go. The FC suspension should have you covered there.

The 300 motor is probable a better MX motor than a woods motor and can only be made better.
  6. Haydos300 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2007 TE510, 2001 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 YZ250F, 1985 RZ300
    Nice Bike! Bought myself a 2011 wr300 2 weeks ago. Thought I'd better join up to the Cafe, been visiting as a guest for years. I'm stepping up from WR250 and was a little concerned about the comments that the 300 is more cumbersome and heavier than a 250. Admittedly I'm no pro rider but within a couple of hours felt at home on the bike and couldn't notice any real difference in the tight stuff except for the extra million hp! Having said that it is very usable I was less exhausted at the end of the day riding the 300 compared to wr250 or the te510.
    Krieg is spot on in saying "in the right hands". The right hands would smoke most MXers on stock WR300. I think there is a WR300 review on youtube filmed here in Australia. The guy takes a stock wr300 out on a MX track and rounds up most of the MX bikes. I don't know if the others riders are any good? check it out.
    Good luck with it!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCRXcOPpUh0&feature=related

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMBSb6WJcLQ
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I owned a 2006 KX250 (the two stroke one, not the F model) and could never make it perform the way I wanted it too. It was fast, but didn't have any good low end power, the clutch was miserable in tight trail situations and the bike just didn't turn very well, and no matter what I tried, I never felt very comfortable with the ergonomics. So, I didn't like it on the track very well, and I hated it on the trails or in the desert.

When I bought the 300, it was immediately comfortable to ride, had all the power I had ever dreamed of, turned great, had enough top speed for the desert, enough low end for any tight technical situation. I'm no racer, but on very rare occasions, I do get out for a motocross or GP. Thank heavens I have a bike that will do it all.
    Zeppo likes this.