1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr300 motard

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by raysaw, Dec 13, 2010.

1. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Anyone motarded a wr300 for road use? Thoughts anyone!

The saw
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, i have! As seen in the picture=).
  3. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    How do you find it - I just bought one and am doing the conversion
  4. empiredownhc Husqvarna
    AA Class

G'day,

Yes, I have 'tarded my 09 WR300 using the forks/wheels and brakes from a 09 SMR. Worked fairly successfully, however it may take some time to find a nice setup that you find comfortable on the road. I'm running 15/40 gearing and I still find it a bit snatchy when off the power. Good for quick Sunday arvo rides around the neighbourhood but personally I wouldnt ride much further...that two stroke tingtinging down the road attracts ALOT of attention!
  5. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    The deed is done

It has been tarded! I will be taking it for a spin on Saturday. It looks tough with the excel rims, haan gold hubs and the 160 rear tire. Although it is tarded it will probably only spend 20% of it's time in that form as over our (Aussie) summer I will have the dirt wheels on it mostly.
  6. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Give us you comments mate. I am looking to get a WR300 as they are pretty cheap atm.
  7. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Evaluation

Ok, bike was running a bit all over the place with the Mikuni carb and I couldn't getbit dialed in so I replaced with a origin pwk airstryker quad vent carb - after playing around A LOT with the jetting I have it dialed in now. The thing absolutely screams. I am running a 40 tooth rear and standard front. I have 17" rims with a 160 bt03 on the rear. Even with the 40 tooth rear it will still power mono in 1st and second. As far as keeping it tarded - I think only for when I take it to Tarmac tracks as it gets WAY too much attention on the road. Absolutely wicked fun though. It's time for the dirt rims to go back on for some mc track time.
  8. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Dam spell checker - the carb is a keihin not origin - doh!