1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 piston

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mal5.1, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mal5.1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Just wondering what you guys are paying for a pistpn kit for the 300. Here is Australia I just piad $520 AUD.

The service manual says that the piston has to be replaced every 800km to maintain the warranty.

I do about 4000km a year so it could get rather expensive to own a WR300 if I want to maintain my warranty. I have email a couple of shops here and they say no one is making a piston for the 300 yet.

Is anyone replacing the piston as per the warranty/service manual?
  2. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

WOW, i don't know why a 300 piston would be anymore that a 250 piston.
    I paid 130 for a Husky piston and around 85 for the gaskets, is there no after market pistons yet ? I get Wiesco pistons and they are about the same amount.
  3. mal5.1 Husqvarna
    C Class

A 250 piston here is $303 AUD. I have questioned the importer about the price and they said that is the list price for them but there is a new price schedule due out and it may come down a bit. I hope it comes down a lot.
  4. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

5. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I don't know what your exchange is for US or CDN money, would it be worth ordering parts from the US or Canada?
  6. mal5.1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Exchange rate is reasonable at the moment. Do you recommend any shops I could contact?

I read that thread above and that is just plane money making and wrong. I have bent my shifter out slightly so it doesn't sit to close to the cover.
  7. lunatick Husqvarna
    AA Class

Give Full Throttle motorcycles a ring ( there in Brisbane )
    I got everything for a top end rebuild on my 07 WR 250 as in piston and all gaskets including the o rings for the head and it came in at just on $ 300

PS i just got a 2010 WR 300 and am hoping the top end will cost roughly the same
  8. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

There is a shop called Gnarly Parts dot com, i know the last time i checked he had WR pistons in stock plus some of the Enduro Engineering
    stuff for Huskies(bearing kits etc)
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I talked to a dealer here in Sweden, and he said that Wössner probably will make a piston in the beginning of next year, but you never know. In that case he contacts me.
  10. mal5.1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks Lunatick, I'll give them a ring in the new year.

I also got a pm from a member saying the Motospotz sell the pistons for about $230 US. So I'll be in contatct with them if I can't get a reasonable price. I'll even buy a few to save a bit on postage and time hopefully.

Thanks for the all the advice and replys guys.

PS. I've just bought a scotts steering dampner and a Rekluse Z-start pro clutch for christmas :thumbsup:
  11. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Mate, in my experience there is only one place to buy Husqvarna parts in Australia. R and D Husky. Give Stef a call. Make sure you only talk to Stef, I think the other guys may have had one bong too many. I live in Brisbane which, as you know, is 80klms from the importer. But it's quicker AND cheaper for me to buy from Stef.

Australian motorcycle retailers. Is a sad sad world......
  12. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Wow thats steep for a piston kit, ive just checked out x e money converter and its £288.00 i see what you mean about a sad sad world