1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 Radiator

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mantrap, May 27, 2011.

1. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

My WR300 radiators have started to leak along the inner fins does anyone make a replacement or am I stock with the crappie OEM stuff?
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Wow...the crappy OEM is actually pretty good? Is the bike still under warranty?
  3. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    One of mine started leaking for no apparent reason and I sent it to Mylers. They fixed it and it's still holding up OK. It was much cheaper than a new one and they have a quick turn-around.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Mylers saved my bacon how many times?

or contact Kel @ Motosportz for replacements.
  5. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's a couple years old now. The ones on my 2006 WR250 were a lot better, these show no sign of damage and are leaking.
  6. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I'm another vote for Mylers, quality work and fast turn around.
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Mylers = Magicians of awesomeness
  8. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

just the thread i needed to see. my left radiator on my 2009 wr300 decided to stop holding coolant after the first day of the idaho city enduro. Luckily, I have already proven that a wr300 doesn't really need coolant to be ridden hard. During the race I topped off with 3-4 cups of water a couple times, and was hoping it was a hose, but now that it's cleaned up, it's clearly coming from somewhere on the radiator. they are totally undamaged too. oh well. Myler's here I come.
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    My Rt rad has a leak in it on the fins near the filler neck. I first noticed a leak when I was in the sierras, but I blamed it on elevation and dry heat, but now that I have it apart its easy to see the rad has a leak. I've had guards since day 1 and there is no visible damage to anything, so I'm wondering if vibration just took its toll over time :excuseme:

I have utmost faith in this motor though. I dont even think it needs coolant!
  10. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I had mine repaired twice and it started leaking again after 3 rides both times. Sent it back and they recommended just getting a new one. There was no damage, it took no bit hits, just started leaking. I think it was defective from the get go. Anyway a new one is on the way.
  11. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

I tried to get a new set of OEM radiators but they were on back order so I headed over to E-bay and found some made in China. Got them in less than a week, ever thing fit great and they are a lot beefier and are holding up great.
  12. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Spoke to Mylers and the guy said vibration caused mine rad side panel to weaken and ultimately fail near the upper mounting point. I'm going to try and rubber mount them this time and hope for the best.

He also said they have replacement rads of better quality for sale for the 250/300. I cant remember the price he quoted, but it wasn't unreasonable and probably cheaper than OEM.
    454x likes this.