1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr300 takes a licking and keeps on ticking

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Aug 26, 2012.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    So I just realized I am now at the 3500 ish mile mark on my 2009 wr300. It's the original piston. I beat the hell out of this bike every single weekend for 2.5 years now. Never do anything other than change oil and clean air filter, tighten bolts etc. I put a duel sport kit on it last fall which drove the miles way way up. I don't have a street or duel sport bike so it's my "do it all" bike for now. Mainly single track though. Just this last weekend this bike was running stronger than ever. As a matter of fact I was blown away how fast and strong it was still running. Always fires right up first/second kick..etc. Hope I don't jinx myself-lol

After all this time only thing that happened last summer was linkage bolt backed out and chewed up the linkage.

You always see threads about "my blew up after only 10 hours" but never the opposite.

What other long term reports you guys have?
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    nice . I rode a wr250 on the weekend - blew me away how well it went - more hit than the ktm250 for sure.. made my 144 feel a little week
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I love my WR. :love:

I don't think there's a better 2T XC bike out there. I really hate to see Husky go and change them because the current version is great and pretty much bulletproof. :banana:
    utopia and ray_ray like this.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I have 1.5 yrs of hard racing and riding on mine with zero problems. I guess mine has over 200hrs on the original piston/rings. I hope my daughters 144 makes it that long.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    My 2002 CR250 was ridden for 6 seasons on the same engine ... Rode in GPNF mostly so maybe not a too large hr number for bike but nothing ever broke except a waterpump seal .... Probably a couple other things I can't remember now but still a rock-hard bike the day I sold it ...
  6. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    The WR 250 KILLS
    old dude that I am did a XC on Sunday w my '07
    had to push past several bunches of polite riders during the event at bottlenecks
    The thing rips. Had over nine minutes on second place.
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Impressive win.