1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr300 triple tree issue

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zilly, Sep 21, 2013.

1. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Ok, so I bent/mashed the steering stop on my triple tree.
    And now I am in need of a fix. Any suggestions? I don't see any aftermarket wr300 triple trees that fit an 09. I have the 50 mm zokes.

I am trying to get ready for a race on Oct. 6th-Im old and slow but I do like the competition and am worried if I go down I could damage my forks.

Does anyone have a used triple tree for this bike I could buy?
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I had a bike that had a broken steering stop on it. We ground it flush, drilled a hole through and installed a bolt and stack of washers.
  3. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Ok, I like that solution. Super cheap and functional.
  4. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Did you have to pull the triple tree to drill the hole?
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It's possible to drill while on the bike, but it's much better to remove the piece, so that you will have an unrestricted, easy way to work with it. You will need to check out where the reinforcement veins are underneath to determine if this is feasible or not. You wouldn't want to drill if it went through a reinforcement. The top and bottom surfaces need to be pretty parallel to one another, and the bottom one needs (side) clearance for the nut.
  6. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Don't bother calling brpmoto I had the same problem you did. I bought my bike used and the stop was already sheared off. bought a new lower from husky and it sheared off first ride. order the frame stop bolts from a newer model then get a 1/4 pipe nipple cut the threads off wire wheel off the galvanized coating and tap the pipe fitting for the frame stop bolts . Weld the new steering stop to the frame and your done.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    You could also try calling fast by feracci and ask if their 50mm tree for the super moto will work. They also sell works 50mm fork with triple clamps might want to ask if they will sell the separate of the forks. Check their eBay store they have close out at pretty good prices.https://www.google.com/#q=fast by ferracci
  9. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I like the sounds of that but I think that is beyond my skill/tool set to accomplish. Sounds easy though ;) when you say it.