1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 w/ Rekluse EXP 3.0, clutch stiffness

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by chavez7777, Sep 29, 2015.

1. chavez7777 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 KTM 300 EXC
    First, this guy is now for sale... In classifieds:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/for-sale-2012-wr300-w-lots-of-extras-3950-obo-florida.81778/

I want to make sure this goes to another Huskivite! So if you are in Florida or close to it, happy to answer any quesitons!

Put Rekluse in last year (along w/ the Lectron). The Lectron BTW: is like going from stale crunchy store brand peanuts to JIF extra creamy. Got sick of chasing jetting and just generally started to dislike the Mikuni. Question is on the Rekluse...

I'm seeing that the pressure to engage the clutch is a bit more than stock -- of course this is expected -- but after about 4-5 more hours on bike I noticed it got better (not as stiff). Question: is this OK and good, or should I adjust to make consistently stiff? Do not mind the stiffness... only fully engage the clutch cable when I get going in first... after that ignore except for occasional feathering on a hill or in sand.

Thanks!
  2. HusqRacr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511, 10' WR300, 2015 FC450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 998, KTM 520EXC
    I have the same setup in my 300.. I'd say its a combo of the springs breaking in and your Left arm getting stronger...:)
    454x likes this.
  3. fastkx125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    How do you guys like the exp 3.0 in the 300? Any Complaints or is all good?
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Lots of Rekluse posts here and elsewhere. Depends on how and where you ride I guess. The ITA 300 is a real beast and Rekluse helps tame it, but doesn't hobble it IMO. I got mine with 10 hrs and EXP 2.0 installed, so didn't ride it without the Rekluse. Besides all the other qualities, and since the wr300 can be tricky to start/restart, the fact that it doesn't stall is a major plus. Also, especially with a Lectron and G2 throttle, I can run taller gears (14:49) and still have a rippin' 1st and 2nd with scary fast 5th.
    I finally did fresh clutch plates at 100 hours and 2 of the 5 fiber plates were still within spec, none of the steel plate were scorched and the basket is fine too :thumbsup:
    Not sure what the diff is with the 3.0 version, but 2.0 works great for me.
    :cheers:
  5. freejack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WB165, 95 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 wr200, 88tzr250, & Beta evo300, B
    I recently put an exp3.0 on my WR165, noticed the same thing freed up after 4-5 hours and operates exactly the same as described, I adjusted it on the clutch lever and have never looked back, I also changed the oil at 1 & 5 hrs and am now running a high quality 5wt oil in the gearbox.
    NCSteve likes this.
  6. roj00 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xr250, drz400 sm
    Has anyone removed two of the EXP springs and replace them with the stock springs, to make the pull not as heavy? I am keen to give it a go and see if it slips.
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I don't think I want a Rekluse for my 165. The clutch is so light and workin' it reminds of my early mx days on the old Elsinore 125s :banana:
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Rather than mucking around with the springs I installed EZ3 perch and lever and MP Terminator cable.
    Also, as revs increase clutch pull gets lighter. With a little effort I learned to pull the clutch while the revs are still up a little or blip the throttle, depending on the circumstances. And I use one of those spring grip exercisers which helps a lot.
    Basically a non-issue after puting some serious hours on the bike. :cheers: