1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr360 clutch plate notches

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by VTwr360, Jul 23, 2013.

1. VTwr360 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 klx300r, 08 klr650
    I'm in the process of rebuilding the clutch and I have the plates in the right order but the notches may have gotten out of line.there are 7 fibers and there is a blue mark on the edge of each plate. Do I just line up the blue marks when I put new ones in?also the basket fingers were in ok shape, some of the fivers had slight notching do I need to replace it?
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    the fingers of the basket should be smooth no dents down them, altho unless its new this will more than likly be the case if they are not too bad like less than 1mm dont worry till next time you check it... or if the clutch hangs .

the friction plates should have a nice square edge on them as these engage the fingers on the basket and cause notching. replace with new.. location wise friction then slip then friction for all 7 doesnt matter wich fingers lined up or not.

some bikes have the top friction at a different rotation but in sure from memory this is not the case on the 360.
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    The only proper thing to do is to replace the clutch basket.

yet with minor notches it might be to early to do that.

what you can do is file the notches out of the fingers yet this is only a temporary fix and make sure that you file exactly the same amount of every finger (other wise one or more fingers would not be used (if filed to much)) and the others take more force and can even snap

and that's what you don't want
    I did it last time with my basket and it gives me 2 months of riding (just the time it took to get the replacement basket to my place)

but mine where considerably worse damaged than that you write.

I have to say that I was pleasantly supriced about the price of a stock basket (did came from Halls)

Robert-Jan
  4. VTwr360 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    06 klx300r, 08 klr650
    Thanks guys