1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR500 Service Honda Style

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ohmygewd, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    NCSteve, oldbikedude and juicypips like this.
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Man that is sexy, none of our members would own that and keep it under wraps! That's awesome.
    I want to move to oz just buy the thing!
  3. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    that bike has been on here already. had a 430 auto in it first.
  4. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Ahhh now I remember
  5. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I was thinking about buying it and tuning it into a supermoto, it's not far from me and I need a new bike.

Just not going to be simple to register with engine swap and I need it to be registered.

Also, not real keen on the LHS kick.
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    You auzzies and your strict rules, here we just have to get any mod approved/ signed off with mechanic then find an insurer stupid enough to not know the difference and charge a fortune. And tell the dvla bout it to just so we are covered.. I pity all the hoops you guys have to jump through.
  7. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Strict rules lol, try California! Mods are never a prob, I've mod'd every bike/car I've ever owned, rego and insurance are never a problem. My insurer even covers cost of mods, including the exhausts on the last few bikes, clearly stamped "For competition use only".

Cutting a frame and installing an engine with double the capacity however, is a problem. Would have to get it passed by an engineer to technically be legal.

That, coupled with the fact that it's technically illegal to install an engine, older then the car/bike itself. Basically, a 1986 engine was never designed to comply with emission laws from 2009, so therefore it is technically illegal.

I could just get it passed by fudging it easy enough, but if you ever had an accident and the insurance company found out, there would be problems, just like anywhere.

All in all, could you slip it through? Easy. Could you get it engineered and passed legally? Not too hard. Is it worth the hassle? No.
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i saw the thread and thought, "i would rather just ride a real husky 500"...
    then i saw it and remembered it..sweet bike! the swede big bores are loud with no power valve closing the exhaust port down and lower rpms.
  9. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    booooooo, lh kick is easy. same as kicking on rh really. guess it comes down to what you are used to but not a big deal. i will say my lh kick hoosks are much easier to deal with than my rh kick 360. awkward mule kick with a stubby lever on the 360..but either side, eh doesnt matter..
    the hybrid bike for sale has an odd kicker..
  10. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I have enough trouble with a RH kick!

If it was a bit cheaper, I'd consider going through the hassle of buying, registering and converting to sumo, but I really don't have the time or energy these days.
  11. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    it would likely be a hassle for street use. the 500 will walk backwards if started and left idling on its kick stand...
    would be alot of fun as a playbike as the newer chassis would turn waaay fast compared to what that motor is supposed to be in.
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I tried LH kicker before on a 610 and 570...shins didn't like it!!

Rob09..depends if the bloke had a mate tig up the frame and was an engineer but you are right on all the points especially insurance...Australia = not friendly to customized anything!!
  13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    That thing is sweet as. Needs a bigger rear tire though...or maybe not. Good thing about living in the boonies of NC is local station will approve state inspection of practically anything with working lights and a muffler. Fix up a bill of sale, pay the man and you get a title and plate. State Troopers will still pull you over though if you go out on the hiway or interstate.
  14. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    I bet here in California nobody would know the difference. The serial number on the frame is all anyone would look at since it would be a red sticker off road only bike. Pretty interesting build.
  15. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511

I'm unco as, plus I'm getting old, I want a button these days.

Bikes still on the list of options, but looking at a TE449 and a, dare I say it, WR450F more seriously. You never know but, might give him a call tomorrow and have a chat.

Through on a pair of warp9 wheels/tires and it becomes a $7,000au bike before rego, etc. that's a lot of cash for what is ultimately a 20 yo motor in a 7 yo bike. Saw an MV Agusta Brutale for not much more the other day.
    ohmygewd likes this.
  16. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    And if was engineered, I'm sure he would have mentioned it in the ad. Will be a pain to register and that's knowing people too!
    ohmygewd likes this.
  17. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    try 30 year old motor...but its a good one, lol..:love:
    for a supermoto or dual sport a thumper is the way to go really..
    i would still like to own a street two stroke but it would be a street smoker originally made for it..
  18. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Haha, it was late, I was nursing a crying baby and posting at same time! You're right, 30 y/o.

My last WR250 supermoto was fun, but only on a tight road.

It's frustrating, I really want to feel what that 500 goes like!
  19. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    its a good 500 motor, very broad usable power with that swede midrange..not peaky at all. also has the bonus of being an original 'real deal' husky motor, magnesium block n all lol..if the motor is orignal it could likely use being upgrade to the later 87-88 bigger clutch.
  20. rufctr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WXE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 KX500 - plated
    I'll stick with my plated KX500, it's nice to be able to get any part you need cheap and easily.

image.jpg
    Island Rider, 454x, Oldscool and 2 others like this.