1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wre 125 gearbox oil query

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gazmcfaza, Dec 7, 2012.

1. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    Hi everyone, I need to do an air filter and oil change on my bike, its a 2005 wre 125, I've got a 10 40 oil from an mx shop but I can't see anywhere that says how much oil I need to put in. There is a small hole in the right hand side of the gearbox a bit lower and in front of where the oil gets poured in, I used this last time thinking if the bike is stood upright and the little hole gets covered with oil, it becomes black, indicating it's full enough with oil, but I don't want to use this method again because I'm not sure if I've used too much oil [last time was about 730 mililetres] or too little? Just thought there would be some kind of marking saying the capacity or is this little hole the only indication??? Thankyou!!
  2. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Do you not have a glass level indicator?
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I would say that 700ml to 730ml is about spot on if the bottom end is roughly the same as the wr/cr
  4. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    yeah sorry i should have written that better, by the hole I mean the glass level indicator :D is that the only way of telling how much you put in then?
    Just thought it would have a written level indicator as well but maybe not. I'm going to use this one
    http://www.futureracinguk.com/produ...&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

and if it's right, as it says for all the 2 strokes including 05, http://www.futureracinguk.com/produ...&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

And yes Johnnyboy I think the wre, wr and cr have the same basic engine all be it with different tuning parts, pretty sure it was 730 mils ish before because there's about 270 mil left in the litre bottle. Just thought the glass level indicator might have shown when there was enough oil in there, like a minimum level, but doesn't show when it's completely full, unlike a dipstick in a car where you have minimum, ok and maximum markers, the bike just shows an amount, so I could be running on just the minimum, or I could be full way to the top and I wouldn't know. But if you both think 700/ 730 is enough to fill it, that's what I'll use
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I never measure mine... I always stand the bike upright (not at an angle like on the kickstand), and get my oil about half way up the sight glass...

Once, I overfilled, not paying attention, and it was above the sight glass.... I thought it was still low, so i kept pouring, and pouring, wondering when I would see oil in the sight glass... When I realized I overfilled it, I pulled the drain plug, until I saw the level drop on the glass..

This method has never failed me...
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    .7 imperial qts or 800 ml (US spec)