1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wre 125 GRINDING??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gazmcfaza, Nov 19, 2011.

1. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    Hello everyone, first time posting here! I have a 2005 wre 125, with auto lube, full power as standard. I rode it for about 6 months, supposedly with 5000 miles on the clock, and I added about 3000 to that. Always started first or second kick, warmed it up properly every time. The powervalve seemed to get stuck every few minutes somehow, as in, I would give it throttle, and it wouldn't get going as fast as it would at other times. Going over a bump too fast seemed to unjam it and unlock full power again. Anyway, I changed the gearbox oil and spark plug for a br9eix [ it was running a br9eg before], and within two weeks, when I stopped the engine with the key, it made a squeaking noise. But then the next day, it would start and ride the same as always. Four times it made the squeaking noise when being stopped. I left it in the garage, and two hours later, found the kickstart was jammed solid. It would not move. So I thought the top end was seized, which couldn't be right because it didn't seize when I was riding. I left it for a month, then went out, and pushed the kickstart lever down, to find that after a bit more pressure than usual, it was free? So it had UN seized itself. It makes a horrible scraping sound now when it turns over on the kickstart, as in, I kick it over, it almost fires, doesn't, and as the piston comes back down it scrapes against something. It sounds like metal on metal. There was loads of fully synthetic in the oil tank, I made sure of that every time, so I'm very confused. How can my bike seize solid, then un seize by itself and now make that scraping sound? I have inspected the powervalve, and it seems quite free to move and doesn't look like it could be hitting the piston, theres a gap between them. I'm 80 percent sure it's the top end making the sound, there does seem to be enough compression as pushing the kickstart down feels just the same as it did when the bike was running before, but is there any way to find out what is wrong without stripping the whole top end off? Or better still, does anyone have any ideas of what's happened? Thankyou!
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    It sounds like it has seized. Only way to find out for sure is to strip it down although you could take the exhaust off and look up the exhaust port on the cylinder to see what the piston skirt looks like. This will give you an indication of the damage present.

Dave
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'd suspect the crank bearings are shot and the crank is riding on the case.

take off the Ignition cover and see is the flywheel can be moved up and down.

That is the bearing that seems to let go first becuase of the flywheel weight.
  4. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    obviously an old post now but I got fixed bike recently, mechanic said the stator had collapsed and had jammed the bottom end, hence the grinding sound, thanks for your advice in the past anyway!