1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WRE 125....how to reset TPS?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by domthecondom, Jun 27, 2013.

1. domthecondom Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 125
    Hi,

Got a WRE 125 07 and i got the dreaded ECU2 error.

Bought a new TPS from Husky Sport in UK. Installed it.....and the bike stopped starting.

I found out that if you install a new TPS you need to do a a little reset procedure for the ECU to recognise the new TPS.

Well thanks for telling me that in advance.

I Rang the guys who sold me the part and they said....I need to get the bike up to their workshop as they will not tell me the reset procedure.

The only problem is.....how do i get a bike to a husky dealer when they are over 50 miles away from me?

So does anybody know how I can reset the TPS? The bike does not start at the moment :(....not sure why, so I can't even ride to the dealer to get the TPS reset
  2. rasor2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

domthecondom likes this.
  3. domthecondom Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 125
    Hi,

Thank you very much! I will try translate via GOOGLE and hope i can understand it. Would you be willing to help if I have problems?
  4. rasor2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

5. domthecondom Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 125
    OK so here is what I understand :) the bits in red is what i am unsure of.

To reset the TPS

Battery voltage must be below 12V (that is what the translation came up with but you said full battery)?
    -Fill up Oil tank
    -Find connector (8000A9751) for diagnostics (ECU) cable (green / black and blue). Cable is the battery under the seat. Connect a metal wire from the green to blue (can this be any metal wire??)
    -Unscrew the adjustment screw on the carburetor idle, adjust so that there is no slack in the wire (eksosventilens can NOT translate this word)
    -Turn the ignition
    -With gas (throttle??) at minimum, press the stop (kill switch??) button, the red light "oil" will blink faster. When the lamp blinks normally, release the button
    -With the throttle at 100%, press the stop (kills switch??) button, the red light "oil" will blink faster. When the lamp blinks normally, release the button

Exhaust valve control: Press the stop button, the exhaust valve will open and close automatically. The red light "oil" will blink faster. When the lamp blinks normally, release the button

-Turn off the ignition and remove contact 8000a9751
    -Turn the ignition
    -If the red light "oil" is still on is not proper procedure performed. Start from the beginning
    -Autolærings procedure is automatic and includes 3 steps (0% throttle, throttle 100% and exhaust valves). It is therefore important to follow the procedure as if there is only one thing repaired (carburetor or exhaust valve)

Then set the correct idle

Thank you for your help
  6. rasor2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

1. not less than 12 Volt
    2. Yes. any thin metal wire
    3. Crank up the idle screw a few turns. This in order to fully close the valve in the carburetor.
    4. throttle stick to the minimum. (http://www.splatshop.co.uk/media/ca...54dafd663d43ed1e42602385ef42d/0/5/0500.03.jpg)
    kills switch red button on the right side of the bar. necessary to turn off the engine. http://images.solomotoparts.com/images.opt/151-151/images/bustersdirtshop/thumbnails/t_5715_01.jpg
    5. Autolærings - It does not matter
    Total. whole process takes 3 steps (0% throttle, throttle 100% and exhaust valves)

Yes, then set the correct idle

Taste it.
    domthecondom likes this.
  7. rasor2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

What have you done with the old TPS sensor??
  8. domthecondom Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 125
    I still have it.

i am charging battery tomorrow. so hopefully have her started again by Wednesday.

Thank you
  9. domthecondom Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 125
    Ok So i changed the TPS.

And the ECU 2 error is gone, but the bike is running a little...not right

I tried to reset the ECU 2 Error anyway.

When my battery is below 12volts the Oil light will not blink but stay on.

So I connected my charger to the battery and the oil light blinks (after I connected a metal wire to the blue and green wire)

0% throttle Fine, throttle 100% fine but when I press the button for the exhaust valve....i can hear a noise.... but then the oil light stays on.

When I turn the ignition off and remove the wire and and turn the ignition on. I get NO errors at the moment
  10. rasor2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Motor should swing open and close exhaust valve.
    Maybe did not have enough power battery or exhaust valve charred dirty.
    Disconnect the cables and try hands open and close the valve. must be opened and closed easily

Try it
  11. domthecondom Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 125
    Battery was connected to a charger...so constant 13+ volts.

Which cables do I need to unblock and how would I open them Manual by hand?

Thanks you :)
  12. rasor2000 Husqvarna
    A Class

13. domthecondom Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 125
    today I took the carb apart and sorted the float and done the whole reset procedure. :) the exhaust valves opened and closed just didn't have time to start the bike yet