1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WRE 125cc Mod 2005 can 144 kit be fitted ???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by petros67, Jul 13, 2010.

1. petros67 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi , I'm new to this forum.
    Has anyone fitted the 144cc kit on the WRE 125cc mod 2005 ???
    I have fitter already a FMF Fatty exhaust with power2core silencer & still operate with delorto PHBH 28mm carb , just adjusted main jet fm 110 stock to 128.

I ask because the WRE 125 operates on oil pump as the WR 125 & CR 125 operate on premix.
    So incase I fit the kit , will the oil pump feed enough oil to lube properly the increase ???

Has anyone done this mod ??? and tested their bike out.

Thanks
    Petros
  2. darkshadow Husqvarna
    C Class

i got a sm125s(same bike) and thought about the same thing a month ago
    + i do have fmf pipe + power core 2 on mine as well(and fmf jetting kit) ;P

after all the research, i come up that i would not do it because the ECU on it will not cope with the bigger cylinder due to the oil pump will not pump enough oil to lube it
    + theres no way to remap ecu cheap so i would just stick to stock since 125 do me just fine:P

please do let me know if you find some way to sort the oil pump problem so we can run 144 on it !
    cheers
  3. petros67 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well I spoke with some Husky mechanics regarding my intention to put a 144cc kit on my WRE 125cc ( or SMS 125cc same engine ) and they sid that the kit can be fitted under three adjustment options.
    I will have to either take off oil pump and run premix ( like WR & CR ) or add some oil to the tank running with the oil pump.
    They also said option No 3 that the oil pump could be setted to increase lube quantity but would be a risk to sieze engine.

Now lets discuss cost !!! they quoted for complete kit , barrel , piston , gaskets etc... 690 euros cost !!! expensive I think.

Further questions to any one in this community that might be able to answer ???Do you think if I bypass them and order direct fm factory would be cheaper ???? Has anyone ordered direct..... or the factory will refuse and direct you to their dealer.

Would it be worth it ??? to put such a kit on , I mean is the extra power the 144cc kit will offer fm 125cc woth it ???

Petros