WR's first dumping caught on camera

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Last weekend, I invited my buddy from the lower desert, up to my favorite riding area in the high desert. It was a long drive for him from Desert Hot Springs on down to Boulevard, but it was a bit cooler and a change of scenery as well for Foster. We both had cameras on our helmets, so we got to shoot each other riding. I originally had a nice clip of him, on this very same trail....but being a rookie at uploading to Youtube, I managed to make a mistake and lost the clip forever.

But I still have the clip of the trail from his viewpoint. And I'll always have the 300's first spill immortalized on video, even though it wasn't very dramatic. Just lost my balance and washed the front tire a bit on a tight downhill turn. (It's steeper than it looks) So....it's kinda lengthy, but a great route, and so pretty in the springtime.

P.S. If the back end of my bike looks too bouncy in some areas, it's because I was playing around with the dampener settings on my shock, trying to dial in a perfect balance between the little stuff and the big stuff. I got that dialed in later, too.:thumbsup:

So, sit back and take an armchair tour with Foster and me, as we ride the Ranch trail.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp3FSEA9yJU&context=C4a62558ADvjVQa1PpcFOnn0Gc_s2hKqf-SCSNGCANf_K39PA86aQ=
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    1:50 for those who want to skip right to the horrific carnage! :D
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Must be nice to have such good riding close by.
    I didn't see any fishin holes though...
    Pedec likes this.
  5. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    Ahh!!! that's not a dump more like a graceful dismount. I know the differance lol.. I have perfected both.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I guess it's a closer place than some people have, though still an 83 mile drive to get there. There are fishing holes on the way, and some stock ponds (that I'll never get to fish) on those ranches.
    Didn't feel all that terribly graceful to me. Foster seemed to be enjoying it though!:D
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Well i'm one of those "some people" cuz I have to drive over 200 to ride in the desert. And not to mention those big warm water bass make ours look like midjets.