1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WXC 360 Noobie, Suspension and Chain Q's

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by TARKaw, Nov 1, 2012.

1. TARKaw Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 KLX300, 07 KLX250s
    Hi all,

Last weekended I picked up a '92 360 for 700 bucks that had been sitting for 4 years. It looked all there but has not been started in 4 years, so I took the guys word that it ran great. I fugured it would be a great project so I went for it. Since then I have been perusing all the great information on this site. I was able to find an '02 360 manual online but no '92 manuals. So I have a couple questions that I am hoping I can get some direction on form other 360 owners.

1) Chain tension: The manual for th '02 says to align the rear axle, swing arm pivot and countershaft to measure the correct tension. Is there some trick to doing this? or has anyone take a measurement at rest or on a stand? This chain seems to have more slack as the suspension compresses, am I seeing that right? My Kawi's are the opposite, they get tighter as the suspension compresses.

2) Suspension: I have read on this forum the sag setting process, but I would also like to know what the standard clicker settings are as a starting point. The '02 manual is way different than my shock and fork setting capabilities. Anyone have the stock setting for the fork and spring clickers on a 92?

So far I am impressed with this bike, build quality seems excellent and now that I have scrubbed all the green mold and dirt off this thing; it was in a damp shed, it actually looks in pretty good shape. While cleaning it up I got anxious and gave it 2 kicks, then rememebred I needed to set the choke, gave it 3 more kicks at the beast sprang to life! It seems to be running great so I am going to change fluids, adjust things, do a safety check of bolts etc. and take it out this coming weekend!

Any input on tips, tricks etc for this year would be appreciated. Going to keep searching for a '92 manual but until I find one I will be back with more crazy questioons I am sure!

Thanks all!

Here's my new toy all washed and ready to rock and roll (almost)
    IMG00289-20121030-1728.jpg

IMG00288-20121030-1727.jpg
  2. TARKaw Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 KLX300, 07 KLX250s
    Spent more time with the bike today, plug oil, etc. Figured out I was seeing things yesterday, the chain gets tighter as the suspension compresses, like normalL Gotta lay off those beers while working on the bike:lol:
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice Bike... wish I could find one for 700$
  4. TARKaw Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 KLX300, 07 KLX250s

Thanks! I am feeling pretty lucky to have found it. Took it out last weekend and had a blast!