1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 01 WRE front fork help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by crucible, Jun 17, 2014.

1. crucible Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WRE 125
    Hey guys. While I was getting my greasmonkey on with the forks of my 2001 WRE125, I stumbled upon this:

[IMG]

I'm pretty much new to this stuff, so it kinda baffled me why the housing and rod on the right didn't have a cap and even a spring inside (hence it sitting almost flush to the housing). I don't know what the previous owner did to the forks and I'm sure it didn't come out of the factory like this.

With that said, I spent all afternoon today trying to figure out how I can get the rod out of the housing. Unfortunately, the allen bolt just kept turning and turning and turning... Nothing happened.

[IMG]

My google-fu really didn't work out so I'm hoping the Husky gurus here can help me out. How does one remove the rod? If I need to get a cap fabricated and get a replacement spring, I would. But I'm somewhat stuck with this predicament right now. Help! :notworthy:
  2. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    To get that allen bolt out you need either an impact gun or a tool to keep the cartridge from rotating.

I can't tell what I'm looking at in the first picture...
    crucible likes this.
  3. crucible Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WRE 125
    Thanks for the advice Kyle. Will give that a go. With regards to the first photo, its these guys:

[IMG]

I'm just surprised to see one of the rods without any tension at all. So I opened it up and saw the fork housing on the right without that cap with the holes on it. And no spring too.
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Sorry, I don't know anything about those forks and those pictures don't make sense to me (no relief cut for the fork bushing, spring inside the inner tube, etc).
  5. crucible Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WRE 125
    No worries. What I did was I took out the slider assembly (which are the ones in the photo above) from the tube assembly. I'm trying to get to the rod and the see why it has no tension at all and why it doesn't have a nut like in the first photo. At least that's what the manual says. lol
  6. Landerz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    95 wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda crf230f 09
    Those forks are Marzocchi 40 mm USD units specifically designed for the wre and sm125. That is the way they are supposed to look. The left leg has a spring in it and valving that controls the compression only, the right leg has no spring and has the valving controlling only the rebound. You can adjust either circuit with differering oil weights.
    One question I have for someone more knowledgeable than me , is there a heavier available for these forks?
    Dirtdame and crucible like this.
  7. crucible Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WRE 125
    Thank you Landerz! That was outstanding. Less worries for me on the bike rebuild. Next stop, oil change! I'll have to figure out the suspension tuning myself since there are no guys doing that here in my area. Here's a quick look on the build progress btw.

[IMG]
  8. Landerz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    95 wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda crf230f 09
    I have set my forks up for fast trail/enduro work and they are fairly well sorted. A good starting point for you would be 15 w for compression leg and 10w for the rebound. I weigh about 80 kg if this helps. I am actually considering 17.5w in the compression as it still is a little soft or getting a revalve at a suspension shop.
    crucible likes this.
  9. crucible Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WRE 125
    Thanks Landerz. Looks like good numbers to me. Will try that out.