04'crf250x too 09' TE 450

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by gearstace, Apr 11, 2009.

1. gearstace Husqvarna
    A Class

Off a 04’ CRF-250x on to a 09’ TE 450. Love the bike so far, too much snow to take it out for a good once over. I have done the power up mod. This thing was a pig out the door (runs like a raped ape now); the only thing it was missing was training wheels (49 MPH WOT). My wifes 125 Yamaha Riva scooter could top that. My 250x was the king of single track I hope this works as well, seems a little tall in the gearing so far on the street. Fit and finish is the best on the market.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Nice! :thumbsup:

I'll bet it will get even better, the Huskys only get stronger in the first 500 miles :cheers:

(not sure why)
  3. gearstace Husqvarna
    A Class

500 miles !!, I would need a valve job by then on my X
  4. gearstace Husqvarna
    A Class

Does anyone run a Trial Tire on their TE???? If so how does it perform? I was getting ready to put one on the back of my 250x when I traded it in. I will wait until the stock tires run out but was just wondering if anyone has run them and what they thought of them.
  5. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I have run trials tires on all of my bikes. I also own a 250X and KTM 450 EXC. I think they work great in the single track. Especially if it's rocky, rooty and lot of logs. They don't work the best in really wet conditions.

I also put one on the back of my WR250 Husky. Not as impressed with that bike. The four strokes have smooth power and the Honda has minimal power. Once the two stroke Husky comes on the main, the trials tire is easily overwhelmed. Keep it on the pilot and needle and behaves more like the four strokes. I may go back to a knobby on the WR250.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I really did not like the stock tires on my 2006 te250, esp the rear. Been running trials for a while now. IRC in the rear now, not sure what is on the front.

:thumbsup:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I don't like running trials tires in the front. Unless of course, it's on my Beta.
  8. Mercury264 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can I ask why not ? I have just fitted a trials tire to my TE and went out for the first time last weekend and to be honest, it felt like cheating at times so I was thinking about fitting one to the front also.
  9. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Ok so it's not a Trials tire. Two of my bike has them (Trials Tires)and they work great.

But on my TE-510 I really love the Kenda K270
    Man I can't be to only one that likes this tire.:excuseme:
    [IMG]
  10. rajobigguy Administrator

Nope you're not the only one, I've used the 270 before and it's pretty hard to beat for the the price. Actually it fairs pretty well going head to head with more expensive tires.