1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 08 WR250 Face Lift

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Like to see your votes?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2013.
Likes 17 vote(s) 65.4%
Dislikes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Want me to build a thread on the makeover? 14 vote(s) 53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Order them off of an 09 WR125. I think they are $9.00 each side. Bring them over and I will trim them to fit for you. they are really durable and once they scratch up some. I sand them lightly with 220 grit paper, wipe them down with lacquer thinner, then spray them using black auto interior spray paint. Above the guards, I will use 3M grip tape in a cut strip/applied with a heat gun, so my boots won't rub the black off the frame. The grip tape lasts a whole season.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx to all for compliments! The graphics were custom ordered thru Graphix MX. I am working to get the side ones remade, since he cut them for newer style side plates I have not ruled out yet, cutting the old style side panels to the newer ones and rolling the edges. I don't suggest going to GMX because they are not good at returning phone calls and customer service sux. If anyone is interested. I have the art work and if you PM me with your Email address, I will send it to you. Feel free to copy them if you like. Basically, you can go to whom ever you want. The tank shrouds, rear fender and side panels do look sharp in the whole new color scheme. I held my new black rims up last night and now I am up in the air about them compared to staying silver. I may opt to stay with the silver rims and work with brushed polished hubs with an inlay of red or black on the sides now? These bikes really have some good aluminum that can polish up real nice and I wanted to show you what the possibilities are. You can't do this with alot of the jap bikes.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here is my progress so far and hope to wrap it up this weekend. Black rims were a no go and really clashed, so going to keep silver ones on for now and leaning towards maybe red ones. Bike lookin sharp with the 82 1/2 CR 500 retro look but with a modern version.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    wallybean likes this.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

That is a work of art as usual:cheers:! You are the man.
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Shaping up nicely Darin!
    Have you looked at "chrome" powdercoat? It has a little different look than the stock silver anodizing....
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That is looking sooooo good. I love the silver shroud look. Just too cool. :thumbsup:
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Walt, Steve, Motorhead, tim and all you guys!

Appreciate the compliments!

It even looks better in person than the pics. I am going to tell everyone that is the new 13 WR 250.

If you look at my 09 in background and visualize the black rims pull forward to the bike, you can tell that they clash. I will look at the chrome powder coat as well. I did a polished spot on silver rims as test and turned out good. I probably would have done frame in the chrome powder coat. I looked at chroming but guess it makes the frame/welds weaker.

GMX is suppose to send me correct graphics for sid plates. We will see? They sent me the shorter 09 ones and haven't ruled out cutting my side plates down/rolling edges for more update look.

I sometimes wished husky still had the different colors for the old school look. Big bores could be silver, maybe 250's in red or blue and etc..... even liked the old purple.

I have been playing with the husky CR500 jug an it will polish up nice. I think I can get into all the fins with my tools to do.

Still on my list is red plug wire/cap (motorhead stolen idea), Red TM chain guide, cleaning my shop and taking her out for scratches.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, cut the side plates. I did mine a while back and it looks much better. I've got something else coming that may update the looks a bit. We'll have to see how it turns out.
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I thought about drilling some hole in my skid plate. I might maybe trim it a bit too. Good idea!
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    You'll have to post some pics, cause you always have good ideas. So you went back to WR ignition? Did you not like the CR ignition on the 250 or did it make it less woodsie?
    I originally wanted the side plates cut shorter like the newer styles. He sent 09 ones that don't fit the openings around grab handles, without some trimming. Supposedly, he is sending 08 side panels. Then I thought, hey if he sends new set, maybe I have enough to do my 09?
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you drill holes in skid plate, will it get rid of that echoed back engine noise?
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'll get some pix of the panels in the morning. I went back to the WR ignition because I was having problems getting the timing right with the CR unit. I was only getting about 10 degrees of advance. I'm going to give it another try. I just had to get it ready to ride, so I threw the WR unit back on.
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great, was always wondering how the cr ignition does on the 250.
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Here's the cut panels.

[IMG][IMG]
    454x likes this.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, those look good, look like the newer panels. That's a nice lookin ride!
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Thanks. Yeah, I think it gives them a newer style look. And I want to do the black frame like you did. I think I'll take it down for that in July.

That DEP pipe screams on top, so I'd like to get the CR ignition back on it and timed up right. I think it will really improve the roll-on power.
  17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, that's for sure. It is done and just waiting for my corrected side panel graphics. If I tear up my stock pipe, that is what id get. Keep us posted when you get your CR ignition dialed in. Bike looks good with the silver rims on. I was surprised but it just seems to keep the silver flow going. That thing shines like a w_ore in church! I think it looks bad arse!
  18. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    MH, those trimmed side panels do look good. For some reason I was thinking that you were talking about trimming the skid plate side plates. DUH
    Darin, I'm sure your silver rims look great and maybe these would be ok if you went with a high polish in the centers:
    [IMG]
    I didn't polish the centers (it was tempting) because it would be the only polish on the bike,
    dartyppyt and 454x like this.
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Love those wheels. :thumbsup:
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Those look good, another fine job, steve! Yesterday, I took black wheel/polished rim off sons bike, to compare front versus back.

Actually Steve, I think your right to do the hubs and polish my silver rims/or coat them chrome.