1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 09 300 idle speed.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by RobNewy, Jul 22, 2011.

1. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

Krieg, the idle does go up as I wind the screw in, just a very small amount. If I had a screw that was 4 feet long, I'm sure I could get it to idle OK!:)

When my clip was 2 from top, It would start after maybe 20 kicks. It has only done 27 hrs, and I had heard that they get easier to start and the idle speed comes up as the hrs go up Hasn't happened yet

Cheers Rockdancer. My jetting knowledge is atrocious, and I don't ride with anyone that knows what is going on, so I wasn't sure if I was,(am) lean or not.
    I am just curious as to why JD don't support the carb for the 09 300., hence why I assumed it was the TMXX.
    Email as copy and pasted.

Rob,

The 2009 and newer 300 Husky uses a different version of TMX carburetor that we do not support. We do not have kit needles for the carburetor and do not have a jet kit. Most riders with jetting issues choose to purchase a replacement Keihin 38mm PWK Air Striker carburetor. The Keihin PWK Air Striker carburetor that we sell includes our jet kit needles and comes set up for your motorcycle. The extra parts make it a good value as a package.

The carburetor is listed on our website as part #JDKH08.

See- http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=60&cat=0&page=1&featured

Thanks,
    James
  2. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

Rockdancer, what do you mean by the gap at the back for the slide? Which way? Top to bottom, or front to back?
    Cheers
  3. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    You can use the jets from the JD jetting kit on the 09-10 carb. They are nothing specail, just normal jets. The difference is the needle jet, and triple taper needles red-lean blue-rich. The 08 carb has a flat slide, 09-10 kidney slide.

The JD Jetting kit part number you will require # JDHQ06 JD jetting-Husqvarna CR250/WR250-300 (04-09) I guess you have received the wrong information from whoever you spoke with from JD. The information that I have is from the JD packaging, from my jetting kit www.JDjetting.com and look for this part number JDHQ06

My jetting skills a less than knowledgeable, (Crap actually!) so I'm not sure if it's eeven close, although it does run very well, but it does smoke an awful lot. I have tried 2 different oils, and it seems pretty constant. Is smoking an indication of anything?? There is no spooge

This is a wild card, check your coolant level, and or for any discolouration. you may have a leaking seal or gasket
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    P1010052.JPG
    this is the gap at the base of slide when closed on a pwk that was running ok - I would think yours gap is even smaller and needs to be raised somehow
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Have you checked your float level?
  6. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

I haven't Krieg. Not really sure where you take the measurement from
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I had to lower the float a tiny bit on my 09 WR250. When I got it if you barley leaned the bike it would pee out the vent so I set it so that it would pee just before the foot peg touched. Keep in mind this was a very small difference but made a big difference on how it idled and kept if from flooding and stalling. If you lower the float too much it will run dry at wide open throttle which is really bad so make adjustments in very small increments. Be patient when working on carbs, make one change at a time, write down your settings and test between changes. Before you know it you will have it dialed in.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Robnewy: The same thing lankydoug mentioned happened with my '11 CR 150. It would overfill the bowl and spill out the vent with just the slightest tilting of the bike. It also effected the idle quality quite a bit. Keep in mind that "lowering" the float level means the float is lower in the bowl when the carb is vertical. This can be confusing at first because to get the float "lower" in the bowl, you actually have to increase the dimension between the top bowl flange and the bottom of the float. Try a google search on float adjustments. You should be able to find some good instructions... or your shop should be able to do it as well.
  9. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

Cheers Lanky and krieg.

The float level seems ok, it doesn't drain out till the bike is on about a 35 or so degrees lean.
    If I get time on Subday, i will play with it a bit and see what happens.

Thanks again everyone for the help.
    If I'm up anyones way one day, I will buy you a beer or 4
    :cheers: