1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc '09 WR/CR125 P3 Carbon Fiber Tank

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good news bad new though. Good he might make them / bad that the gas will have to go above instead of under as the 4 stroke head crowds the tank bottom.

I really think using all that space under the tank on the 125 is imperative to keeping the bike flickable. That's whats cool about the stock tank on the 04, right over the engine / nice and low.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Kelly,
    Look at the pics of the new TC250...... almost as much room as the 125. A very different motor than present twin cam.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good point.
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Odd that the tank has molded in "CR/WR125, TC/TXC250 and TE/SMR250" As the tested IMS tanks for those dont fit. Since I didn't test fit it.....can't say. I will say that in the past I have initially not been able to fit a part cause it "would not fit" but I was not fitting it the right way/sequence/orientation etc.. Good luck guys
    Joe
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Joe, I think the TC/TXC250 and TE/SMR250 are the upcoming models based on the new motor, so there may be a difference in the frame/mounting because of that.
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bet the MY10 250Fs get a new frame.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Like I said......
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Another way to get 2.9 gal on an '09 125

P3 is back working on the CF fuel tank, as IMS one is delayed. I'll have a prototype to try soon. Lindsey will eventually do a small run and then IMS will use the design for a plastic tank mold after the TC/TE250 gets here.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like i have posted before I talked to a custom gas tank maker here in so calif He makes a lot of the custom tanks for the flat track racers plus he does vintage and
    custon street bikes He said no problem he would make a aluim tank but wanted some idea as to what you guys want .so if any one still wants a tank send me some of your ideas and i will sent it to him john
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Leave the top and sides of the tank the same and put all the extra gas below the current tank.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

His name is Fred from Race tec 805 486 6500 the guys at C&J
    motorcycle frams the guys that did your ATK fram set me up with him
    His e mail is racetecracecraft@aol.com The guys at C&J motorcycle frams told me he does almost all of the flat track racing harley teams
    I did talk to him and he did say no problem but since i race a 2008 i just left it at that .
  12. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Inital batch of tanks is certan to be A small one. how about suporting the maker (P-3)who has already risked his time and money to develop A prototipe, these are expensive projects and to often margonaly profitable. lets see some comments about the prototype lest you judge too quickley.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I believe if a solution presents itself it will be supported. We all need a bigger tank. 40 miles from the stocker sux.
  14. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What i do not understand is why a WR 125 would come with such a small tank from the factory in the first place.A WR 125 is a off road bike who rides or races a off road bike for less then 40 miles at a time.My CR 125 which is built toward motocross comes from the factory with a 2.5 which is bigger then the new Wr go figure. At least i can run a IMS 4 stroke tank 3.3 gallon looks funny and carries the gas up hight but at least it works.It mounts so high you can rebuilt the top end with out taking the tank off.
    One more thing to watch out for on the Husky bikes, up to 2007 there was a tall mounting stud with a short bolt to hold the tank on.Well for some reason my 2008 bike has a short mounting stud and a much longer bolt.Well guest what the long bolt has all ready broke off and i had to cut it off and remake a mounting stud and weld it back on the fram.So all you 2008
    bike owner keep an eye on the gas tank mounting bolt and hope it does not break from having the bigger tank on
  16. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Welcome Drew,

It's an honor to have you here. :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your new Husky.
  17. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

18. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

X2:thumbsup:
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    X3:cheers:
  20. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just talked to Lindsey and he took a bunch of digital photos of the new 125 fuel tank that I'll post this weekend.

BlipBlip