1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc '09 WR/CR125 P3 Carbon Fiber Tank

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, Apr 8, 2009.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Don't mean to jack up this thread, but why couldn't they have done the same thing for the Four strokes that they are doing for the 125? I'm sure it would have been much more lucrative. There's still a need for a decent tank for the 2008+ four strokes even if it just held 2.5 gallons.
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree...2.5 gallon tank for the 4 stroke and efi models.
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Because the 2009 CR/WR125 and the new 2010 TC/TE 250 use the same tank... and IMS already has a tank for the 2008/2009 TC/TXC/TE 310s 450s 510s
  4. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

I would be willing to purchase a CF tank if they are $500 or less. Keep me posted also.

WR BOB
  5. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

As I mentioned I'd post these as soon as I got them from Lindsey... so here they are.

Note this is just the prototype tank and the reason for the hump is so that there's room for the dry-brake which requires 2 inches of space below it to accomidate the dry-brake hardware.

Again, this is just the prototype, but it's between 3.2 to 3.6 gallons and it fits both the 2009 CR/WR125 and the 2010 TE/TXC/TC 250

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

BlipBlip :thumbsup:
  6. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn...that is a piece of art!
  9. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Blip Blip, I assume the few that he is making will all be that tall at the cap area? Dry Brake and gas cap style. I agree that thing is a work of art. When Lindsey does something, it is definitely done right.
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    He needs to check fit and see how close it comes to fitting the '08 + red head thumpers. I'd guess it to be VERY close and he might be able to do something for us with that same mock up.
  11. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

No... the 08/09 TE/TXC 250/310/450s and 510s all have a different style fuel tank than the NEW 2009 CR/WR125s and the 2010 250 4 strokes.

If he was going to do a tank for those bikes he'd have to start from scratch.
  12. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]

In this picture you can see the dry brake and the gas cap plug over to the right.

This will give you a good idea to why the hump exist.

Also note the area under the new tank for the EFI which means a TE and SM 250 is on the way.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    The tanks a beauty! I was hoping for no hump, but after talking to Lindsey, I understand the reason for it. The fact that tank has to accept dry brake and problems with lowering the bottom of tank with fuel pump for EFI models. The tank has to work for both carb and EFI bikes to be economically viable.

P3 has hooked up with a plastics developement company near me to look at the possibility of doing a plastic tank. I'm taking my bike down to them, so they can look at stock tank, mounting and hardware issues. If they think they can deal with it, Lindsey will send them the prototype for scanning, mold making and production. There may still also be a short run of CF/Kevlar tanks done in the short term as plastic tank will take a few more months to develope. Glenn Kearney is supposed to get a '10 TC250 to race soon. If this happens, Lindsey will do a few race tanks.
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Whose ultra clean........begging to go out for some screaming.......sitting inside a shop.......not getting the flogging she was built for 09 WR 125 is that? Seriously....Kudos to the owner who is serving as Gunea pig and taking one for the team. (other than Norm and his several 6 hour drives and time without the new baby that started this) Looks great and gives a headstart on 2010 I would assume too.
    Thanks for the pics Dale
    Joe
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Drew Smith's:cheers:
  16. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

YeP..... Drew Smith now Husky powered! :eek:
  17. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hate to be negative as it is good that there is a tank in the works but I hoped it would be flatter on top and carry the weight lower. For example....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Me too.
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Have you noticed the MX3 guys are running the 125 tank on their TC510's?
  20. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very kind of you to say, Thank you Rusty