1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09' wr144 take 2

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gestion01, Apr 5, 2010.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Your old WR is now a 144 and running great.

I plan to come to Speedsville and ride it.

Rich
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good to hear. I'll see you in Speedsville!:cheers:
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes Walt.....I remeber..........are there any "youngin's" even on this site?
    Those were the days man. I haven't heard anyone say or use "WFO" in years!

Joe
    still dreaming of the 130 pounds soaking wet days!
  4. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

The orange spring by itself is great, the power is very close to perfect.
    IMO, this a required mod or any wr125.

It's still a bit slow the rev, but a lot less than with the inner blue spring. Much more predictable hit.

I'm still contemplating going to the cr ingnition... but worried it will cancel some of the benefits like the great traction the bike has right now.

Today I made up a hill, very few have made over the years.It's not very impressive when you first see it. Most say they can make it up...not! Tons of loose rock and roots kill your momentum.
    I have tried several times before and never could get up more than half way. This little bike is now like riding a mountain goat without the smell or the attitude. :thumbsup:
  5. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Just did the 1/8'' advance timing mod. Bike idles better and it makes a difference on the bottom. It does feel like some top end is lost, but I only did some quick passes on a grass field. Not typical woods riding.

First impression is this is a good setup with no money down. :thumbsup:
    thx Martin.
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

We have advanced the timing on several CR125s and everyone has been very happpy.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I also run mine advanced about 2 degrees. This equates to moving the coils about 2 mm on the backing plate. Helps the bottom end response.

Walt
  8. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Next mod on the way is shaving some weight off the stock flywheel. I should have this done by next week. :applause:

It's getting pretty darn good...
  9. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I finally got to ride the 144 with the ''shaved'' stock flywheel. So far its worth the hassle. It does rev quicker...it may be the perfect in between the cr and wr for off-road.

I will get a whole weekend worth of riding and post final the results.
  10. HxcEnduRo Husqvarna
    AA Class

how and what exactly did you shave off? curious to do it as well
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Same here, would like to see some pics of what you did and where to cut the weight off?

Thanx!
  12. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I sent the flywheel to a machine shop and they shaved some off the outside. They can't take too much off without the cassing getting too weak.

No pics, I don't own the bike anymore. But If I where to start this project again. I would start with a CR150, then do just the powervalve springs and minimal lights to run enduros.

EG kit made the bike very unreliable. DNF'ed with this bike like no other bike I have owned in the past. When it ran it was great in the rough stuff.

Converted to 4T's, I think I found what is my prefered starting point...a 450.