1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 / 144 / 165 Owners Poll

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Do you have a WB165?

Yes, I have the WB165 kit and loving it. 25 vote(s) 29.8%
Not yet, but I plan to buy it. 42 vote(s) 50.0%
No interest. I'm happy with the 144 kit. 12 vote(s) 14.3%
No interest. I'm happy with it as a 125 only. 5 vote(s) 6.0%
  1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As far as the sales man thing That is what I do for a living I own a wrecking yard and a used car lot
    As far as the 450 thing watch the video passed a few 450 and even 300 2 strokes at speed
    As far as info i installed the kit turned the air screw out to 1.5 turned and have never touched it since from below sea level to over 8,000 feet
    Walt rode my bike in Idaho at the National said it ran fine
    The videos are posted under the cafehusky sight under racing or you can goggle them under
    ajaxauto husky 165
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I put the WR tank from 2010 on my 09. I think it was supposed to be 2.35 gallons. I only got 2.25 in it. Nice tank though and an extra half gallon helps. IMS makes a 2.8 or 2.9 gallon tank for the 09 but some have had minor fitment issues that seemed to be easily fixed.
  3. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    yes... and lovin' it [IMG]

[IMG]
  4. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bolted the 165 on this afternoon. The increase in power is nothing short of amazing and it seems to run so much cleaner and smoother than I could get as a 125. I've only heat cycled it and rode it down the street once so I'll give a full report when I get some time on it. Thanks again Walt.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Love how smooth the power is also. Congrats and look forward to you full ride report once it's broken in. Hey did you get the KTM 200 Fatty pipe for it?
  6. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I put the fatty sx200 on. I think I'll try the pro circuit for the next kit on my other bike, you just can't believe that the 165 can make so much bottom end until you experience it! I think I might like a touch softer bottom with a little more through the mid and top. The plan is to have one bike set for enduro and one for hare scrambles. I had walt give me a race gas kit for the hare scramble bike, he said comp was set at 225psi. I'll probably go with a standard comp kit for the enduro bike.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

:D I have the 08CR WB165 with the Fatty myself and love the low end power; it really helps an old fat guy like me :applause:.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    That is exactly what I said, so I have the PC pipe. I have ridden them back to back with the fatty, and the PC modded pipes. The PC suits my riding style more for sure.

I can't wait to try the Doma on Kelly's bike when that is all ready to rock.
  9. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guys, assuming when i have my 165 kit fitted and im a happy chap like all you lucky people my next purchase shall be an over size petrol tank. I see ims do a tank, but i cant find any pictures of this tank fitted to a wr125 2009. Do any of you guys have this tank fitted, or what tank do you recommend showing a picture of it fitted to your bike. Any pictures would be really appreciated.

Cliff
  10. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Cliff
    You just missed one on ebay last week LOL
    My mate has one on his and other than the seat being a bit of a pain to get on and off fits reasonably well
    $(KGrHqJ,!m!E6+YcWtmYBP!)-V)+(g~~_12.jpg $(KGrHqNHJB8E7y)zCyGiBP!)-VvJYg~~_12.jpg
  11. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats cheered me up no end. If another comes available drop me a reminder.
  12. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 WR165 with IMS. Seat is tight, but not hard to get on / off. Works great!

[IMG]
    huskybear likes this.
  13. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats a heavy duty sump guard where did you buy it?
  14. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    had a friend ride the 165 yesterday... another friend asks at dinner later on, "how does the power compare to our bikes?" ... "definitely feels like it has more power than our 250Fs" (Kawi and a Honda. Kawi rider is quick)

:thumbsup: :cheers:
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Me ether. Sending my suspension to Richard with Gold vavles and will do the 165 then. Should be ready in a few weeks. Heal up so you can ride it before a wear it out :thumbsup:
  16. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Typeone, your such a tease....lol
    wallybean and typeone like this.
  17. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    It is a Motosportz prototype. This was the first test ride with it. Contact Kelly for more details.
  18. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Blake, beings its a prototpe kelly gave you it for free?... in that case, kelly should do the same for me and the 165 kit hes sending me..... on a general note guys you know some people on this website deserve some recognition and yes kelly is a great generous guy. Lets all say how good he is at not charging lots of $$$ on the stuff he sells so come on everyone a big cheer for kelly.

Ps Kelly, dont forget my DGD on the 165 kit (diamond geezer discount).....thanks...lol
  19. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Free? No, he made me go to MOAB with him to get it. :D

Testing it was a tough job, but someones gotta do it.

[IMG]
    typeone likes this.
  20. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    sorta of curious were can i purchase one of these kits? i have an 02 wr 125 and id like to get something bigger but not a 165.. and what exactly is involved in doing this.. do i need to change my carb settings and get new pipes? im use to keeping my bike stock. but id like to get some power out of it.