1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 125 / 144 / 165 Owners Poll

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Do you have a WB165?

Yes, I have the WB165 kit and loving it. 25 vote(s) 29.8%
Not yet, but I plan to buy it. 42 vote(s) 50.0%
No interest. I'm happy with the 144 kit. 12 vote(s) 14.3%
No interest. I'm happy with it as a 125 only. 5 vote(s) 6.0%
  1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Contact Kelley at Motosportz if you are talking about getting the WB165. I'm not sure if thats what you are talking about because you said "id like to get something bigger but not a 165".
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    might be a candidate for a 144 kit

in general if you change the cylinder volume your pipe should also change to get the maximum out of it.

it doesn't mean that it is compulsory.
    a bigger displacement will give for sure more power.

the pipe volume has to match in a ratio to the cylinder volume to get the most power out of the combo but having a different lengths of the cone expansion and/or diameter will determine which frequency the hit comes, so that's the difference between pipes that peak at low RPM and high RPM.

Robert-Jan
  3. andymarriner450 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 150
    I got the 150 in pictures on eBay it's the nuts love riding it and its got load of bling lol
  4. Toro618 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Are you all using aluminum or steel rear sprocket with the wb165 kit? I have an AFAM 520 alloy sprocket that I thought of using with the 165 kit.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Aluminum on mine.
    MattR likes this.
  6. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I've got an Uptite 167 Where do I vote.
  7. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Old thread but this info never gets old, right? I just put a deposit down on a CR125. I'm very interested in the WB 165 kit but would like to know more about the FMF 200 pipe. I'm guessing that the mounts have to be modified to work on the Husky. So, if that is the case, just getting an off-the-shelf KTM 200 pipe as a replacement down the road won't work. So does Wally or Motosportz offer just the pipe for when the original KTM 200 pipe gets mangled?

Also, does the WB 165 kith come WITH the KTM 200 pipe and silencer?
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The kit is just for the conversion of the top end to a 165 with all the parts and machining performed for the complete job. The pipe is a separate part and is in addition to the kit. I highly recommend the pipe as it better suits the power band and flow of the 165. I always keep piston kits, rings, and pipes available for future re-builds or any issues with parts or pipes. You can also use your stock silencer or any silencer made for the stock Husky 125. We do not offer a pipe that works with the pre-04 silencers as those pipes had long/convoluted stinger sections that we aren't equipped to duplicate. The newer silencers for 04-08 Husky 125's bolt right up to the pre-04 frames. You are looking at a '12/'13 so there will be no issues using the late model silencer of your choice. As has been well documented here the 200 Fatty pipe is probably the best all around pipe as it offers the most bottom/mid and still pulls hard to 10K+ rpm. There are also pipes that offer less bottom but still rip mid to top and raise the top end to 11K+ rpms. It really depends on how and where you ride.
    Motosportz and steadydirt like this.
  9. Treesmacker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 CR150 "Woods set-up"
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ125
    What's the 165 top end kit cost??
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

$680.00.
  11. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    That's an awesome price. The other kit I looked at from a different shop was about $1000 more.

What is the price of the modified-to-fit KTM 200 pipe?
  12. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah.....I have an FBF 135...I think we are being disenfranchised at the polls.......I'm gonna call Eric Holder and have my boyz show up at the polls with bats and clubs....fo' shizle yah!
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Here is the full deal. I just facilitate and handle the retail side for Walt whom builds the kit...

The 165 kit it is $680 exchange (we need your cylinder, powervalves and head). We weld the exhaust bridge, bore the cylinder, chamfer the ports and replate the cylinder. We then grind the powervelves to fit the new bore and seal better, Then the head squish is cut to be right and fit the new bore. Kit comes with everything needed to bolt up including the pin bearing and gaskets. Just bolt it all back on like stock. The pipe is $265 and bolts on and make this kit RIP. It is an FMF KTM 200 pipe modified to work with the husky and really makes a big difference in the overall power. The Stock 125 pipe will work but you leave some bottom and mid on the table. Plus shipping.

Replacement pistons are $155 and rings $32

If interested the Lectron carb all ready to go is $315 and a great carb far better than the stock one could ever be.

thanks,
    Kelly
    Mz
    Treesmacker likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mine started life as a ported FBF135 cylinder, now it is 165 and runs hard.